Titanfall had a slightly rough week with a quick tumble down the charts courtesy of Infamous: Second Son and it also caught some flack for making teamwork less rewarding during multiplayer matches. Microsoft lifted the lid on details for cutting features for online griefers and we saw a few new screen for Arkham Knight. So yes, a quiet week. Not for Facebook though, who came out of nowhere and bought VR studio Oculus for an insane amount of money.
In the reviews, Cloudbuilt turned out to be well worth the wait and Mercenary Kings was a fine throwback to our retro years. Diablo III's Reaper of Souls is hella expensive, but Jon's going to tell you if it's worth the cash. We'd love to tell you that the medieval Sin City-stylings of Betrayer makes it worth your time, but a 5/10 says otherwise.
In our features we have fresh video coverage of Dark Souls II, Carmageddon Reincarnation, Titanfall and Betrayer. Articles include a look at why graphics are super important, a piece on why a free title update may mean you don't need the new Diablo III DLC, Chris weighs up safety vs surprise in gaming and Matt assures us that Facebook buying the Oculus isn't a bad thing at all and also tells us which games he'd like to see get a FFX-style HD makeover. Stay tuned next week too as Jon and Carl bring you the best from the Rezzed Expo in Birmingham. Rezzed? It's like the Eurogamer Expo but with added nerd. Yeah, I went there.
- inFamous: Second Son smokes Titanfall in the UK Charts: Ground Zeroes lands in second.
- Titanfall update fixes bugs, but causes controversy: Less rewards for teamwork. Not cool.
- Steam & XBLA prices could rise after budget kills tax loophole: Is the party over for PC gamers?
- Watch out, Xbox One griefers - Microsoft's gunning for you: But will it work this time?
- So Batman isn't the 'Arkham Knight' after all: A brand new villain for the new game.
- Watch the entire Project Morpheus reveal right here: See why you may want to put off buying a new TV.
- PS4: Every announced 2014 title so far, but where are the big hitters?: Sony need a killer E3 show.
- Cloudbuilt Review | Rocket Hardcore: Powerfully pretty platforming.
- Mercenary Kings Review | Metal Slug Meets Monster Hunter!: Get on my PS4!
- Betrayer Review | New World Disorder: All style, no substance?
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls Review | The Devil's Bargain: Pricey, but worth it?
- Carl Versus Dark Souls II #10 - Live together, die alone: Has Carl been left for dead?
- The Video Game Quandary: Safety Vs Surprise: Chris looks at iterative series' impacts.
- Titanfall IMC Campaign #8 - Jon & Matt Rout The Browncoats: More mech mayhem.
- COMMENT | Let's Stop Kidding Ourselves... Graphics Are Super-Important: Turns out we are all magpies after all.
- Titanfall IMC Campaign #9 – Jon & Matt Protect Their Robot Buddies: As you would if you had a robot buddy.
- Let's Play... Betrayer | A Monochrome Mystery: Arrows to the face are no good here. Try the knee?
- Reaper Of Souls Is Good & Pricey... But Diablo III's Free Updates Are Worth Reinstalling For: Free improvements may be the way to go.
- HD Remasters We'd Like To See On New-Gen Consoles: Matt encourages publishers to milk us further.
- Forget the kneejerk reactions, Facebook's acquisition of Oculus gives VR another shot at the mainstream: Facebook could be the Oculus' best shot.
- FIRST LOOK | Carmageddon Reincarnation Early Access Smashes It Like It's 1997: See how the new build looks.
- Carl Versus Dark Souls II #11 - The sound of suffering: And Carl's broken sanity.
- Game Night | Misadventures in Titanfall - Pacific Rim Edition #1:Titanfall gets rimmed. No... wait.
- Game Night | Misadventures in Titanfall - Pacific Rim Edition #2: Fingers crossed for giant monsters in a future update.