Lots of coverage from the GDC (Game Developers Conference) event this week, with some gorgeous tech demos on display. We've got videos of the best the show had to offer and I emplore you to watch Activision's facial tech one, it's just stunning. Battlefield 4 was formerly announced, making the first move ahead of the next COD title. Metal Gear Solid V was also finally revealed and merged with The Phantom Pain in typically confusing-Kojima fashion.
Our review section is slim this week but with a defining release in the beautiful form of Bioshock Infinite it doesn't matter. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon impressed too. We're getting excited for the upcoming release of Defiance here at Dealspwn and Carl's been busy putting together playthrough videos so you can see the game in action. Jon got his hands on Sacred Citadel too before penning a feature on how EA and DICE can improve the Battlefield series, I just wish they'd go back to Bad Company. Anyway, I've got to get back to Elizabeth before Songbird swoops in again, the crafty winged git.
- UK Games Charts | 23rd March 2012: Gears sold poorly compared to past titles, but it's still No.1.
- Diablo III PlayStation Gameplay Trailer: Can Diablo make a triumphant console return? Fingers crossed.
- Borderlands 2: New Vault Hunter & Level Cap Increase DLC Detailed: Level cap rises FTW. If you pay.
- Blockbuster UK Rescued, 2000 Jobs Intact: An important lifeline to games at retail.
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Gameplay Debut Trailer: Wow. Getting the PS4 version for sure.
- Blacklight: Retribution & Primal Carnage: Genesis Confirmed For PS4: Fucking dinosaurs! Where have you been this gen?
- Rain Gameplay Footage Is Soulful & Stealthy: And a bit wet.
- Square Enix President Resigns Following "Expected Extraordinary Loss": Blames US sales.
- Borderlands 2 Title Update Will Expand Inventory Space & SDUs: Tiny pockets have stopped me picking this up. Deal changer?
- Tomb Raider, Hitman: Absolution & Sleeping Dogs All Under-Performed For Square Enix: Give Tomb Raider a chance, it's just come out!
- Battlefield 4 Unleashed With Monster Trailer: Got 17 minutes spare?
- Lasky: Console Focus Will "Hamstring" EA: Controversial or common sense?
- American McGee Pitching New Online Alice Game To EA: Wow, actually sounds worse than Alice 2.
- DICE: Battlefield 4 Missing Wii U To Avoid 'Stretching Too Thin': Another developer shuns the console.
- Take In The Views Of The Latest Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots: It's been too long GTA.
- Raymond: "Innovation Not Driven By Teraflops Alone": True, but we're liking the way they're used for AC: Black Flag so far.
- Metal Gear Solid 5 Officially Revealed: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes Combined: The confusion is cleared. Sort of.
- Activision's Next-Gen Rendering Tech Vid Contains A Lot Of Gurning: Watch this now. It's the most impressive facial animation I've ever seen.
- Spec Ops: The Line Writer - "Violence Is Creatively Too Easy": Loved Spec Ops' story, but it was full of violence, dude.
- MGS V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes Are Two Separate Games: Wait...what? Thinking about this gives me a nosebleed.
- Crytek Will Bid On Darksiders IP: Get away, we want Platinum to take it!
- Unreal Engine 4 Demoed On PC & PS4: The PC video looks like it'd make an interesting game.
- David Hayter Won’t Star in Metal Gear Solid V: Snake? Snaaaaaaaake! Come on Koji, say it ain't so. Nolan North on standby?
- Jack Bauer Rescues Snake in Metal Gear Solid V Gameplay Trailer?: He makes him crawl though. The bastard.
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Demo Incoming: Can't wait to try this.
- Bioshock Infinite Review | Reaching For The Sky: Postman delivered mine to neighbour's house by mistake. Took them two days to bring it rounds. C**ts.
- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon Review | Bustin' Makes Me Feel Good: Luigi's return was worth the wait.
- Sacred Citadel Hands-On Preview | Local Heroes: Get this on your radar now.
- Blast From The Past | Zork: Grand Inquisitor: Chris takes a look at an old favourite.
- Dealspwn Playthrough | Defiance Beta - Character Creation & Introduction: Not long to go now. Watch Carl trying the game out.
- Fixing Battlefield: Some Advice For DICE and EA: Jon looks at how the mega-selling franchise can improve.
- Dealspwn Playthrough | Defiance Beta - Mission Types: More MMO-shooter footage from Carl.
- Dealspwn Playthrough | Defiance Beta - McGarnagle Vs The Arkfall: McGarnagle can not be contained by one game alone.
- Game Buzz | Episode 25 - Metal Gear Solid V: Confused about the multiple MGS games situation. Umm, us too I'm afraid.
- PWNCAST | Season 3: Episode 11 - A.I. Friends: The best AI companions get the podcast treatment.
- Dealspwn Playthrough | Defiance Beta - Microtransactions & Elemental Weapons: Carl's extensive coverage continues. Got your copy ordered yet?