This week saw Sony announce that the slimline Vita would be arriving soon in the West. But without that OLED screen, we're not sure that's particularly worth celebrating. Much like the news that 3DS owners can look forward to Monster Hunter 4, but not until 2015. At least we had some new footage of closer games including Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments, Bound by Flame and second episodes for The Wolf Among Us and Bioshock's Burial at Sea.
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition on the PS4 battered the competition in our reviews section this week, scoring a stunning perfect 10. Matt got his tentacle time with Octodad and part 1 of Broken Age. Jon finally had a decent Ouya game to play with Soul Fjord. He wasn't so lucky with his other review assignments as the scores came tumbling down for the likes of Naruto, Dead Rising 3: Operation Broken Eagle and Hyper Fighters.
In the features this week, a Focus Home Interactive showcase means lots of coverage for their upcoming titles including Bound by Flame and Divinity: Original Sin. We have lots of video content for you too with the usual collection of WildStar vids from Carl and Matt, a Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII one from me and some extra video evidence of Octodad's oddness from Matt. Elsewhere, Jon examines the route to success for Titanfall in the wake of Battlefield 4's botched launch and also what he wants to see in the next Gears of War game, Matt picks apart the latest marketing speak packed press release from Nintendo and Carl wraps up the latest customisation details from WildStar.
- Monster Hunter 4 is finally coming West... but will take a year to get here: Good thing 3DS owners have Fire Emblem and Bravely Default to get through then.
- 20 mins of Bound By Flame gameplay footage, offscreen dev demo showcases combat: Large ambitions from the little studio.
- Brace for shocks & spoilers in BioShock Infinite: Burial At Sea Episode 2 trailer: I can't wait for my next return to Rapture.
- Microsoft buy Gears of War IP from Epic, Black Tusk to develop going forwards: After Judgment, you could tell Epic's enthusiasm was waning. Best of luck, Black Tusk!
- King promises to behave after being caught cloning, trademark trolling: We'll believe it when we see it.
- Rift-powered adventure game Loading Human points towards VR dream: Get to PS4 damnit, Oculus!
- 15 Minutes Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments gameplay footage - The murder of Black Peter: Fingers crossed for less maths puzzles.
- Vita Slim is coming to Britain next month, priced £180: But sans OLED screen.
- The Wolf Among Us: Episode 2 is out next week, sink your teeth into a trailer: Tempted to wait until the full season is available personally.
- Killer Instinct begins Xbox One's war on quitters: Sending the rage-quitters to jail?!
- Megaton Xbox One rumours hint at new cheaper model before year's end: Would you buy a disc-less model? Yes? Get out.
- PS4's CE-34878-0 Error Code Spreads to Share Captures: Why, Sony! I just want to take pictures!
- Dead Rising 3: Operation Broken Eagle DLC Review | Season Pass On This One: Not the best of starts for Season Pass holders.
- Broken Age: Act 1 Review | Unfinished Business: How is Tim Schafer's new adventure shaping up.
- Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3: Full Burst Review | Sharinganagain: Naruto -the blame for so many headbands at Expos.
- Soul Fjord Review | Has OUYA Got Its Groove Back?: More to the point, are you three Ouya owners enjoying it?
- Hyper Fighters Review | Rock-Bottom Gun: Just, don't.
- Octodad: Dadliest Catch Review | A Tentacular Spectacular: I'm not getting involved with this nonsense.
- Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition Review - The Best Yet: Lara's PS4 debut dethrones Edward Kenway.
- WildStar: The Noob #14 - Behind Enemy Lines: Matt enters Cursewood.
- Dealspwn Reload | Gaming SitRep - 27/01/14: Carl's weekly show enters week two.
- More Epic Than Epic: What We Want From The Next Gears Of War: A vital series for the Xbone's future.
- Bound By Flame Preview | A Game Possessed: Fingers crossed it's better than Mars: War Logs.
- Titanfall must learn from Battlefield 4's mistakes, or die in battle: The Xbone's killer app has a lot to prove.
- WildStar Wrap-Up | Customization 101: Time for shopping?
- WildStar: The Noob #15 - Scavenger Hunt: Includes flying sharks. Yep.
- Have Nintendo Gone Mad? Smart Devices, Licencing IPs, and Quality of Life: Marketing guff and stalling for time, or do they actually have a plan?
- Game Night | Battlefield 4 - Base Ramping: Bugs be damned, we're playing Battlefield again.
- Let's Play... Octodad: Dadliest Catch: See what all the madness is about.
- Settings Orcs on fire and picking fights with NPCs in Divinity: Original Sin's Alpha: With such a long wait, we've got high hopes for this RPG.
- WildStar Gameplay - Winter Beta | PvP in Walatiki Temple: Carl takes on the internet's masses.
- Game Buzz | Episode 62 - Litigious Rumours: The latest industry happenings discussed in the podcast.
- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII | Combat Playthrough: My attempt at showing you the new combat engine in action.
- WildStar: The Noob #16 - Weaponsmithing: It's crafting time folks.