Call of Duty: Ghosts was unveiled this week. Well, we say unveiled, there was a pap trailer and no gameplay elements were disclosed. But hey, we know it exists. Moving on. We were shown three new trailers for Grand Theft Auto V and while they lacked any actual gameplay, details were released to the press about how the three characters will play. Elsewhere in the news, Sega and Gearbox are getting sued over pulling the wool over our eyes with the balls-fest that was Aliens: Colonial Marines. I urge you to check out the Illumiroom video too, which could be a much needed boost to Microsoft's next console if it's bundled with it. Do it Microsoft.
In our reviews this week we've played the new Star Trek game, which manages to be bad, even for a movie tie-in. Thankfully Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is much better. Soul Sacrifice? Not quite sure yet, check out part 1 of my review. Strike Suit Infinity and Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen also get a verdict from us.
Our features include a look at dwindling enthusiasm for GTA V and a hands-on report of Company of Heroes 2. Jon compares video games to sandwiches in his pre-owned gaming article and another feature looks at how gaming parodies rarely hit the mark. Mind you, when was the last time you watched a decent movie parody?
- Soul Sacrifice Dev Walkthrough Gets Technical: Essential viewing if you're just starting out.
- Dust 514 Out On May 14th: Lengthy beta finally ending.
- UK Games Charts | 27th April 2013: Dead Island: Riptide at No.1? Shame on you, Britain.
- Put 35 Mins of Beyond: Two Souls Footage In Your Face: Tribeca footage for your face.
- IllumiRoom Tech Demo Shows Off Microsoft's Gaming Projector Concept: The new Xbox's killer app?
- The Behemoth: Industry "Crap Shoot" Here To Stay: Help them out and download the excellent Battleblock Theater.
- Watch Dogs Dated, Trailered and Collector's Editions Detailed: Includes a rioter's mask? Oh dear.
- Techland Announce "First Person Co-Op Slasher" Hellraid: Please be better than Dead Island.
- Guerilla: We Had To Make Sure Killzone: Shadow Fall Reveal "Was Real": No more 'target footage.'
- RUMOUR: Respawn's FPS Will Be An Xbox-Exclusive: Maybe.
- EVE Online Trailer Fills In Backstory For Dust 514 Players: Will any of this factor in the Ps3 game. Probably not. Shoot people!
- GTA V: Watch The New Trailer - Meet Michael. Franklin. Trevor: Fuck-all gameplay, but you'll want it anyway.
- Robo Balls Hit The Wall In Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Launch Trailer: Incredibadly brilliant.
- PSA: Back Up Your Dragon's Dogma Save Data: Or we may eat it.
- Class Action Lawsuit Takes Aim At Aliens: Colonial Marines: Will the bullshit peddlers get what they deserve?
- Lovefilm PS3 App Gets HD Streaming: But still doesn't allow for widescreen stretching for Red Dwarf.
- Havok: "It Will Be No Longer Acceptable To Walk Into A Room Where You Can't Punch A hole In The Wall": We'd like to see this happen next-gen.
- Iwata Laments "Contradictory Information" Surrounding Wii U: So, it's not balls? Oh, it is.
- Molyneux Teases Xbox Reveal Event Involvement: Get ready for the letdown.
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts Officially Announced - Coming To PC, PS3, Xbox 360 & Next-Gen Consoles: No details aside from a new engine.
- Elder Scrolls Online Will Be Playable At Gamescom: And so will many, many Germans. And us.
- Remember Me: DONTNOD's Director Explains Memory Remixing In New Vid: Video does a good job of explaining game's mechanics.
- Grand Theft Auto V Info Round-Up: What we know from Rockstar's behemoth so far.
- Zone Of The Enders Sequel Delayed Indefinitely, Team Disbanded: No sublime mech combat for us.
- Borderlands 2 Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep DLC Announced, Priced, and Dated: After an utter embargo farce.
- TimeGate Studios File For Bankruptcy: We're not going to miss them.
- Magrunner: Dark Pulse Trailer Makes First Contact: Portal-esque puzzler looking good.
- Fuse Demo Coming To PSN & Xbox Live Next Week: We're looking forwards to trying out Insomniac's shooter.
- Molyneux: A Fable MMO Could Work "Reasonably Well": Just no, Peter.
- Sega and Gearbox Respond to Lawsuit: They disagree.
- Batgirl Confirmed As New Injustice Character: Will Scorpion be next?
- Star Trek: The Video Game Review | I Cannae Take Any More Of This!: My 6/10 prediction gets halved.
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Review | So Rad, It's Good: Straight to video-style romp is a winner.
- Soul Sacrifice Review | Part 1 - Slaying Solo: Single player review of latest Vita game.
- Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Review | Fear The Reaper: DLC-packed re-release improves the original.
- Strike Suit Infinity Review | Stripped Down, Strikes Harder: Mechs in space are back for more.
- COMMENT | Videogames Are Not Sandwiches: The pre-owned market gets compared to buttys.
- Company of Heroes 2 Hands-On Preview | Winter Is Coming: And it'll freeze your fingers off.
- Curbing My Enthusiasm | Why I’m Staying Reserved On GTA V: A lack of gameplay has Carl holding off his pre-order.
- COMMENT | Naughty Lazy Parody: Gaming parodies. Still better than the Scary Movie series.
- Game of the Month | April 2013: And you can win a copy of the winning game.
- Blast From The Past | Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon: Strange, blue-haired weirdness ahead.
- The Night of the Rabbit Preview | Down The Rabbit Hole: Point and click adventure looking good.
- Game Buzz | Episode 30 - Ghosts: New COD and the Aliens fiasco discussed on the podcast.
- PWNCAST | Season 3: Episode 15 - Tickling The Funny Bone: Are games funny? Can they be funny? Check out the team's chat.