Earlier this week, EA unveiled a new subscription service that allows gamers to play a large range of their top titles for what seems like a very tempting price. But it will only be available on the Xbox One as Sony snubbed their noses at the apparent "poor value" of the service, which seems to us that they're not keen on PS Plus having any competition. Sony have been tooting their horns with some impressive sales figures that saw them recently shifting considerably more hardware than Microsoft, although these figures are possible inflated by including all of the PS branded consoles, rather than just the PS4. Michael Ancel teased us again about Beyond Good & Evil 2 (the swine). Finally, there was some positive news for Homefront: The Revolution as the troubled game and dev team were bought from Crytek by Deep Silver, who worked wonders when they picked up Saints Row IV from THQ.
In our reviews we have verdicts on a range of PC titles including: Gods Will Be Watching, Neil Gaiman's Wayward Manor and So Many Me. I know, summer release schedules are truly an awful thing, especially for console gamers. Still, there's always The Pile.
In the features we have a hands-on preview from Lords of the Fallen as it looks to step out of the looming shadow of the Dark Souls series. There are also two hands-on reports for Turtle Rock's Evolve as I try out both the Kraken monster and the hunters' medic class. There's an Opening Scenes video for Wayward Manor and The Last of Us Remastered gets the comparison treatment and an Opening Scenes one too. With the beta of PlayStation Now recently launching, Matt gets stuck into Sony for the gob-smackingly awful prices. Microsoft aren't safe though, as he also thinks it's time they thought about a releasing a trimmed down version of the Xbox One if they want to catch the PS4. We imagine you've been pining for Destiny since the beta finished last weekend, so be sure to check out Matt's Top 10 for a list of things to do while we wait for the full game next month.
- EA Access subscription service on Xbox One points towards the future: A tasty looking deal for sports fans for sure.
- Please understand, Europe: Nintendo delays Captain Toad into 2015: *shrugs*
- New peripheral promises stronger pelvic floors & "improved orgasm quality": Slow news day? You bet.
- Sony blasts EA's Xbox One subscription scheme as poor value: Sony don't want competition for PS+ now do they?
- Here are your August PS Plus Freebies: Crysis 3 for nowt? Get in!
- PlayStation outsells Xbox 3:1 between April-June: Stats include all their consoles though.
- Deep Silver buys Timesplitters devs & Homefront IP from ailing Crytek: But do Crytek still own Timesplitters?
- It seems Beyond Good & Evil 2 is still in development, though Michel Ancel has started a new studio: Don't hold your breath.
- Gods Will Be Watching Review | Empty Prayers: Watching and disappointed.
- Wayward Manor Review | Scarily Mediocre: We expected better from Gaiman.
- So Many Me Review | Me Me Me Me Me Me Myself & I: A clone we can love.
- Opening Scenes | Neil Gaiman's Wayward Manor - First 10 Mins Gameplay: See if it's one for you.
- Evolve – Kraken Hands On Preview | Nom the humans!: Becoming the beast isn't all it's cracked up to be.
- Top Ten Tuesdays | 10 things to do while we wait for Destiny's return: I call 'hibernate'.
- PREVIEW | Can Lords of the Fallen step out from Dark Souls' shadow?: By being less of a douche? Why not?
- Classes, Romance, and Giant Heads - Pillars of Eternity Q&A with Josh Sawyer: Hear how the kickstarted effort is shaping up.
- Opening Scenes | The Last of Us Remastered - First 15 Mins Gameplay: Missed it on PS3? You might want a piece of this then.
- COMMENT | 3-1 to Sony? Microsoft need a new console, and soon: A trimmed down one at least.
- PlayStation Now's pricing is still super dumb: It really is the most mental thing you've seen.
- Current Gen vs Last-Gen: The Last of Us - PS3 vs PS4 Comparison Video: Umm, we promise there is a difference. Honest.
- Sod The Console Wars, Let's Talk Zelda - Game Buzz #85: The podcast turning to the WiiUcast. That's not like those guys is it?
- Evolve - Medic Hands On Preview | Is Evolve Bleeding Out Already?: Guilty of being a bit dull so far?