The PS4 and Xbox One aren't even out yet, but the Resolution Wars have begun, with Sony taking an early 2-0 lead thanks to COD and Battlefield 4 coming out on top on Sony's machine. It's fine though, MS have hired Jonathan Ross to help "change their thinking." No, us neither. Sadly, this week also saw Blockbuster slip into administration again, as they struggle to hang on before the Christmas shopping season begins. Elsewhere, Ubisoft removed another title from their Christmas line up in the shape of South Park, but ultimately this could prove a wise decision.
Despite all the talk of next-gen, our reviews section has a few classic names making strong comebacks, step forward The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD on the Wii U and Pac-Man: Championship Edition DX+. Jon's been busy with a selection of reviews again too including Forced, Valhalla Knights III, Proteus and The Typing of the Dead: Overkill, the latter being the ultimate way to improve your word-per-minute rating on the keyboard. Matt pulled himself away from crippling addiction (temporarily) to bring you part one of his Football Manager 2014 review and he reviewed another Leap Motion game in the form of the abhorrent Blue Estate Prologue. Carl was given a game with a cute little mouse called Ethan, but as it turns out, Ethan: Meteor Hunter is utterly bastard hard.
To celebrate the arrival of Assassin's Creed IV, Matt put together a Top 10 list of the best pirates in gaming and then promptly got back to making his way through Black Flag, bringing you two videos of his antics in the process. He also penned a piece on Titanfall's exclusivity with Microsoft. Elsewhere, Carl has been edging his way through the Dark Souls II beta with a series of videos and Jon brings us a hands-on report of the next essential Vita title, Tearaway and also a feature on why it may be a wise decision to hold off buying that next-gen console for a few months.
- Grand Theft Auto Online: Rockstar Reveals Free Content Updates & Short-Term Plans: Big plans, for the much-maligned title.
- UK BatGames BatCharts | 26th October 2013: Batman swoops onto the top spot.
- RESOLUTION WARS: PS4 Beats Xbox One IN BF4 Test: But is there really any difference?
- Microsoft Hire Jonathan Ross To Help "Change Their Thinking": Calling Mr. Sachs.
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts Extinction Mode Gets Official Trailer: And a massive dragon-alien?!
- Blockbuster Back In Administration Again: Console pre-orders cancelled too.
- Battlefield 4 Launch Trailer Touts Mad Multiplayer Mayhem: Looks seriously fun.
- The Walking Dead: Season 2 Announced & Trailered - Clementine To Star: Going to be tough to top season one.
- Respawn: Titanfall Will Never Come To PS4, But Sequels Might: Worth waiting a couple of years for?
- PS4 Day One Launch Titles Finalised: Slick Selection Or Slim Pickings?: A bit slim, but there's some good stuff.
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts Runs At Native 720p On Xbox One, 1080p On PS4: Is the PS4 the top choice for FPS games?
- Ubisoft Kills Off Uplay Passports, Another Online Pass Bites The Dust: Just Sony left to drop theirs now?
- Your Next Free 'Games With Gold' Are... A World of Keflings and Iron Brigade: Bwah ha ha. Dear me.
- Xbox One Monitoring: Kinect Will Respect Your Privacy, But Voice Chat Is Fair Game: Business as? Or just rude?
- PS4 Will Not Support MP3 Playback, Audio CDs Or PC Media Streaming: Please still support MP4 video.
- GTA Online Stimulus Package Coming Next Week With Major Title Update: But will the bugs be fixed?
- Rainbow Moon Coming to the Vita December 3rd: A real timesink of a game.
- Heavenly Sword Gets A Movie and Trailer: But it looks pap.
- Ubisoft Release Seven Minutes of South Park Gameplay: And delay it until March.
- Contrast Gameplay Trailer Moves in the Shadows: Shadowy platformer coming soon.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Free Fall Map is a GAME Exclusive: Very Battlefieldy.
- Forced Review | ARPG: Arena Replay Puzzle Gauntlet: You'd have to Force me to play this.
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Review | A Classic Re-Awakened: A big, fat 10/10.
- Football Manager 2014 Review | Part One - Accessible Depth: Please, don't tempt me back.
- Valhalla Knights 3 Review | Filthy Grind With A Filthy Mind: You're better than this.
- Ethan: Meteor Hunter Review | Between A (Space) Rock & A Hard Place: Tougher than it looks.
- Proteus PSN Review | Your New Happy Place: Wait, what is this... thing?
- Blue Estate Prologue Review | Give It The Finger: Another motion-gaming stinker.
- The Typing Of The Dead: OVERKILL Review | Spelling Like G Did: Improve your words-per-minute in style.
- Pac-Man: Championship Edition DX+ Review | Another Bite of the Cherry: The pill-popper's still going.
- Top Ten Tuesdays | Pirates in Video Games: Ha, Captain Slag. Legend.
- Opening Scenes | Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Gameplay - First 15 Mins: Bought it or waiting for next-gen?
- Dealspwn Playthrough | Dark Souls II Beta Part 1 - How To Do The Tree Dance: Given the option, I'd hide in a tree in this game.
- COMMENT | Want A Great Gaming Christmas? Cancel Your Next-Gen Preorder: Jon tries to destroy UK retail once and for all.
- COMMENT | On Microsoft's Dark Side Business Dealings and Titanfall Exclusivity: I can wait for Titanfall 2. *Lies*
- Dealspwn Playthrough | Dark Souls II Beta Part 2 - Road To The Skeleton Lord: Carl braves the beta again.
- Tearaway Hands-On Preview | The Vita's Beautifully-Wrapped Christmas Present: Get it pre-ordered folks.
- Dealspwn Playthrough | Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Cannon Fodder: Matt sets sail for a bit of pillaging.
- Dealspwn Playthrough | Dark Souls II Beta Part 3 - The Trial Of The Red Phantoms: I have beta access, but pads are expensive.
- Game Buzz | Episode 53 - My Graphics Are Better Than Yours: The resolution wars get the podcast treatment.