Sniper Elite III has been in the headlines for the wrong reasons this week after an issue with game keys being cancelled for loads of customers. Despite the complete failure of the Ouya, Google are having a go too as they unveiled their own microconsole in order to convince us we want to play mobile games on our TV -we don't. EA briefly tried to charge us for demos, which turned out to be an honest mistake - or was it? With any luck we'll see some sensible logic in the news next week.
Sensible isn't how the games in the review section go though. Take a look at the rubber-limbed lunacy of One Piece: Unlimited World Red, the sex demons of The Secret World: Issue #9, the messy killcams in Sniper Elite III and everything in Squids Odyssey. Munin is a bit more normal, but it's also a bit rubbish. So maybe sense is over-rated after all.
In our Features, Matt has multiple Wii U hands-on reports for the likes of Bayonetta 2, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Hyrule Warriors. There are plenty of videos to enjoy too for WildStar, The Secret World: Issue #9 and Planetside 2. Don't forget to check out our podcast as the team discuss their favourite games of the year so far.
- Sniper Elite 3 assassinates UFC in the UK Games Charts: Rebellion brings a gun to a fist fight.
- The Sniper Elite 3 Steam Code Debacle: Theft Or Cash Grab?: Got yours yet?
- Android TV Kills The Micro-Consoles, Cuts Out The Middle Men: But nobody wants to play mobile games on their TV damnit!
- H1Z1 footage shows off crafting, killing & driving in Sony's DayZ contender: Seriously, what's with that hideous name?
- What is Microsoft's secret Halo spin-off?: Another twin-stick shooter or more TV?
- The new Dreamfall Chapters trailer welcomes us back to Stark & Arcadia: A new episodic take?
- Activision promises "photorealistic" visuals for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare: Hmm, we'll be the judge on that.
- GAME brings back console rentals: But nothing next-gen.
- Murdered: Soul Suspect was the final coffin nail for Airtight Games: You're only as good as your last game in this industry.
- Howl you resolve the situation? The Wolf Among Us concludes next week: Will it be worth the wait?
- EA charging for Xbox One demos... innocent error or aborted master plan?: EA aiming for another golden turd award?
- Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Comparison Trailer: Hurry up, December!
- One Piece: Unlimited World Red Review | The New Gold Standard For Anime Tie-Ins?: Not that the standards were that high anyways.
- Munin Review | So Raven: Hold on for the cheaper mobile version.
- SQUIDS Odyssey 3DS Review | Calamari Cannons To Go: Squids and strategy, what could go wrong?
- The Secret World: Issue #9 - The Black Signal Review | Welcome To Tokyo: Prepare for weird.
- Sniper Elite III Review – Better than a bullet in the nads: Fingers cross the MP patch lands soon.
- WildStar: The Evil Noob #6 - Filming Sex Acts In The Woods: What can I say about this?
- Hyrule Warriors Preview: The Dynasty of Zelda: More than a reskin?
- VIDEO | Sexy Demons & Tokyo Terror: The Secret World Issue #9 Brings The Horror!: Always with the sexy demons on Sundays.
- Hands-on with Bayonetta 2... or why I just bought a Wii U: I'm still hoping for a PS4 port.
- PREVIEW | Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is the glorious lovechild of Mario and Fez: But hey, it might be good.
- WildStar: The Evil Noob #7 - Drunken Rescue: What could go wrong.
- PREVIEW | Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric was the worst thing I played at Nintendo's E3 showcase: Oh dear, Sonic.
- The Hossin-Cast | Discussing PlanetSide 2's new continent: That's great, but why aren't you on my PS4 yet!
- Game Night | Planetside 2 - Team Sweeping Gains FTW!: Just rub it in why don't you, lads?
- COMMENT | Don't blame core gamers for EA's dubious business models, Peter: We're not the idiots you take us for.
- Game Buzz | Episode 82 - Half Time: The Best Games Of 2014 So Far: What's been your favourite?