GTA Online was finally unlocked in GTA V this week and promptly broke as everyone bottle-necked in a forced tutorial race. Nice going, Rockstar. There are plenty of other glitches and bugs -as expected nowadays around a launch- but at least they're slowly being patched. Elsewhere, the Battlefield 4 beta went live and we have video and impression pieces for you to check out.
Our other features include hands-on previews for Mike 'Thomas Was Alone' Bithell's new game, Volume, and one of the best surprises of the Eurogamer Expo, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate on the Vita. Carl fights through the glitches to give us an impressions piece for GTA Online and we have a few new interviews for God Factory: Wingmen, Assassin's Creed IV and the next entry in the Carmageddon series. There's more from my trip to the Eurogamer Expo too as I get my hands on the top upcoming racing games.
There's a slight calm before the storm in our reviews section at the moment, but we've brought you some tasty verdicts for the Shadow Warrior reboot, the PSN title Rain and the Mad Catz Tritton Kunai Headset. We'll have more for you next week, including the epic adventures of Dragons' Crown on the PS3 and Vita.
- UK Games Charts | 28th September 2013: Can FIFA knock off GTA?
- Xbox One Roadshows Announced, Coming To London & Dublin: Because the rest of the UK don't like games?
- Batman: Arkham Origins Will Contain Ultra-Hard 'I Am The Night Mode': One life and no save points? Ouch.
- Mikami: Resident Evil Introduced Action Because Of Weak Remake Sales: How's that working for you now?
- Xi3 Piston Due This November, Will Cost $999: So much for attracting new PC gamers.
- Xbox One Day One Update To Take "15-20 Mins For Most Users": Not the end of the world really is it?
- Nintendo Direct Trailer Roundup: Mario's new game is looking like a system seller. RESIST!
- New Kirby Title Arrives On 3DS In 2013: Retro-styled platforming fun.
- Rockstar Working On Fixing Key Grand Theft Auto Online Issues: I'm not going near this for a few weeks.
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts Is A "Cinematic Movie Experience," "In No Way" A Representation Of Real Soldiering: What, I can't cure a bullet to the face by crouching behind a wall?
- Half-Life 3 Watch: Trademark Filed, Development Teams Reported: Fingers crossed they animate some hands on the handlebars and fix the awful platforming.
- Deus Ex: Next-Gen Game Confirmed, Eidos Montreal To Develop: They'll probably not outsource the boss fights again.
- The Last Guardian Going Through "Re-Engineering," Sony Waiting For "The Right Time" To Announce: Bull. Shit.
- DICE: Bad Company "Not Forgotten," "Just On A Very Long Vacation": Encouraging news for our favourite squad.
- Sony On Microsoft's Xbox One U-Turns: "We Know They're Very Smart People": They must have an odd definition of 'smart'.
- Mike Bithell: "Sony Showed Up To The Party Early": Probably with beer for everyone.
- DICE: "We Should Be Slapped" For BF3's Unlocks: Imagine what you deserve for the campaign.
- GTA Online Patched Again On PS3: Fixed? Not quite.
- Microsoft Accepts 'Xbone' Moniker: "It's A Clever Use Of The Name": Too late, MS. We know you hate it.
- Naughty Dog Considered Rebooting Jak & Daxter, Made The Last Of Us Instead: Jak's not as dead as we thought.
- Dev Session Videos From Eurogamer Expo - Day 3: Batman, Watch Dogs and more.
- Dev Session Videos From Eurogamer Expo - Day 4: Thief, Murdered: Soul Suspect and more.
- Shadow Warrior Review | Slam-Bang Humdinger!: A slice of Wang-tang fun.
- Rain Review | Shallow Water: Not the classic we wanted.
- Mad Catz Tritton Kunai Headset (PC) Review | It's Hip To Be Square: Your new cheap(ish) headset?
- Carmageddon Reincarnation Interview | Stainless' Jason Garber On The Road To Resurrection: The once-controversial name returns.
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Interview | Producer Martin Schelling: Shaping up to blow ACIII from the water.
- Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate Hands-On Preview | The Vita's Knight Rises: One of the best surprises of the Eurogamer Expo.
- Game of the Month | September 2013: Care to guess?
- GoD Factory: Wingmen Kickstarter Interview | 'It's A Mix Of Ace Combat, Armored Core, Star Fox, DoTA And More': The 'Armored Core' bit has me worried.
- Hands-On With Volume | Super Sonic Stealth: PS1 MGS fans take note.
- Volume Interview | Bugles, Blackjacks, and Mike Bithell: Matt chats with the Thomas was Alone dev.
- Battlefield 4 Beta Impressions | Havin' It Large: Worth investing in a new rig?
- Dealspwn Playthrough | Battlefield 4 Beta: Watch and salute Matt's valiant efforts to combine base jumping with rocket launchers.
- Grand Theft Auto Online Impressions | Fun While Being Busted: There's fun to be had... eventually.
- Game Buzz Extra | Grand Theft Auto V: The team chats about the game's progress.
- Game Buzz | Episode 49 - Half Life 3 Is Definitely (Maybe) Coming!!: Is the evidence finally stacking up?
- Test Driving the Racers of the Future: I go hands on with the top upcoming racers.