Great news for EA and the gaming industry for a change this week as Amy "Uncharted" Henig was hired by EA to work on the next Star Wars game, which gives us hope that it will be the game the series has always deserved. No pressure then. Elsewhere, 80's icon Predator turned up in COD: Ghosts DLC, GameSpy's long-running multiplayer servers announced closure and Phil Spencer was made the new head of Xbox.
I bookended the reviews section this week with 6/10 verdicts on Fez and TowerFall: Ascension. Thankfully we had some higher scores elsewhere as the rest of the team covered the likes of Final Fantasy X-2 HD, Platformines, Goat Simulator (yes, really) and MXGP.
Jon and Carl's recent visit to the Rezzed Expo in Birmingham means lots of coverage for up and coming indie titles including Hotline Miami 2, Flockers, Broforce, Not a Hero, the not-exactly-indie Alien: Isolation and interviews with Vlambeer and the staff behind the new Company of Heroes 2 DLC. Elsewhere in our packed features you'll find coverage for Full Bore: Part Two, Goat Simulator, Grim Dawn, The Elder Scrolls Online, Heavy Weapon, the Amazon Fire, John Robertson's Dark Room and our weekly podcast.
- Predator hunts down Call Of Duty: Ghosts in next map pack: Hunt down that one ugly mutha.
- inFamous & Ground Zeroes deny Titanfall, Dark Souls II tumbles - UK Charts: PS4 exclusive makes it two weeks at the top.
- Xbox One preview firmware still causing disc errors, but fixes are forthcoming: Soon please.
- "Mass appeal" is ruining games... but publishers are waking up: Well, Square Enix maybe.
- Phil Spencer becomes King Of Xbox - we approve: Not Kevin Butler then?
- No hard feelings: Relic Entertainment "really happy" about Gearbox buying Homeworld: They said through grated teeth.
- New Loading Human trailer showcases VR and motion control gameplay: Time to invest in more VR gadgets?
- We won't have to wait four months for The Wolf Among Us: Episode 3: I'm waiting to buy in bulk.
- 'For how good ID@Xbox is, it's awful' - Vlambeer slams Microsoft's indie parity clause: Not all happy in indieland.
- What do YOU want from PS4? Sony survey mentions reputation system & other features: Less desktop crashes please.
- Uncharted writer joins the EAmpire, will work on Star Wars project: A fantastic hire for EA!
- RIP Gamespy: impending shutdown is the end of an era: Tonnes of games affected.
- Fez PS4 / Vita Review | A Bit Old Hat: Modern classic or hipster dross?
- Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster Review | Beautifully, Brilliantly Bonkers: I'm still not keen to get on this one again.
- Platformines Review | Borderconky? Contralunkerlands?: Don't worry, his review makes more sense.
- Goat Simulator Review | Just Kidding Around: The joke that became a game. Sort of.
- MXGP: The Official Motocross Videogame Review | Ridin' Muddy: And you thought MX games would die without THQ?
- TowerFall Ascension Review: Falls flat.
- Dealspwn Reload | Gaming SitRep - 31/03/14: Carl talks the week that was.
- Alien: Isolation Hands-On Preview | Monstrous Potential, But With A Great Big "If": It'll be better than the last one at least.
- Meet The Flockers: Hands-On With Team 17's Sadistic Worms Tie-In: Feeling sheepish?
- Full Bore: Part Two - Into Hard Earth Preview | Boaring, Not Boring: Digging in for this indie title.
- Goat Simulator is utterly baaarmy and I can't stop playing it: What's with the tongue?
- Company Of Heroes 2: The Western Front Armies Interview | On Tactics, Multiplayer, Homeworld & Warhammer: Hmm, new Warhammer please.
- Flockers Video Preview | Watch Jon Suck At Team 17's Sadistic Wooly Puzzler: Can it match the addictive Worms games?
- BROFORCE BROtally BROdacious VideBRO Preview | BROfessional Journalism!: Jon's found the Red Bull again.
- Vlambeer's Rami Ismail Talks Luftrausers Success, Microsoft Failures & Nuclear Throne - Video Interview: Not a fan of MS then?
- The Dark Room Arena Spectacularrrrgh: John Robertson's live, interactive adventure game hits the Udderbelly Festival on April 18th, and you should be there: And longest article title goes to...
- Will Amazon Fire TV burn or fizzle? | Dealspwn Roundtable: Remember the Ouya? Buy Chromecast instead.
- Not A Hero Reveal Interview | "It's A Bit Like If You Crossed Gears Of War With Elevator Action": Elevator what?
- Not A Hero Preview | Cover, carnage, & cat bombs: Admit it, you're going to click to see what 'cat bombs' are.
- Game Night | Heavy Weapon: Atomic Tank - Nuclear Stretch Goals: Watch the team get their tank on.
- Opening Scenes | The Elder Scrolls Online Gameplay – First 30 Mins: Take a look at how the new addiction begins.
- Grim Dawn Early Access Preview | In The Footsteps Of Titans: That's a lot of corpses.
- Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Video Preview | Slaughter By The Numbers?: More murdery shenanigans.
- The Elder Scrolls Online Review Journal: Part One - Back From The Dead: Is this going to be worth a monthly fee?
- Game Buzz | Episode 70 - Fire!: The week's news hits the podcast.