Sonic's back this week and while it's sad to see him trapped on the Nintendo platforms, we're cautiously optimistic about the new TV series and not just because they may have killed Tails off already. Thief emerged from the shadows just long enough to show us that we'll be allowed a rich array of options for missions approaches after all, Amazon bought the studio behind Killer Instinct and we found out MGS: Ground Zeroes could last as little as two hours. Xbox One owners had cause for mild celebration this week as a patch now allows them access to their save files and see the battery life of a controller. Now if only Sony could give us a PS4 patch to fix the increasingly-annoying crashes instead of adding compatibility to friggin' headsets.
Highlights in the reviews this week include Loadout with all of the guns, Insurgency bringing back some solid team-based FPS action and the second episode of The Wolf Among Us, which let us down a little with the lack of any serious consequences to our actions, but we're still hooked for part three. Elsewhere we have verdicts for Our Darker Purpose, Gigantic Army and Jazzpunk. And Rekoil is our stinker of the week with 2/10.
Matt takes another VR trip this week, this time to the studio behind Loading Human for a hands-on test and an interview, pretty soon he's going to refuse to even look at a traditional control pad. The keyboard should be safe though as he and Carl continue to bring you more coverage of WildStar. A further look through our features section unearths pieces on EA's naughty tricks in Dungeon Master, an examination of game difficulty, the upcoming Call of Duty game from Sledgehammer Games and also Carl's weekly video show giving us the latest gaming news.
- Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition definitively defines this week's charts: But only 500 copies ahead of FIFA.
- Dead Island is your new free Xbox 360 'Game With Gold': Apparently you wouldn't like Bioshock Infinite or Metro: Last Light.
- Looks like we're getting a Duke Nukem RPG: kick ass, chew bubblegum & research tech trees?: What?! Well, it has to be better than Forever.
- Ace Combat Infinity Beta now available on European PS3s, is too close for missiles: It's free, but can you be bothered?
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes might charge £10-15 per hour of gameplay: But will the side-missions pad it out?
- Xbox One getting essential firmware features next week, massive patch inbound: Some long-awaited fixes.
- Killer Instinct studio bought by Amazon, fans flames beneath Android console rumours: But would it be a Steam-esque machine or an Ouya chocolate teapot?
- The Order: 1886 will have "no multiplayer" whatsoever, which is fine by us: Well, co-op would have been nice. That AI better be sharp.
- Sonic gets radical Western makeover: Bangarang, bandages & Big Bad Knuckles: I'm ashamed to admit it, but the TV show looks pretty good.
- Sledgehammer must reinvent Call Of Duty this year, or blow their golden opportunity: Can the little studio get the same respect -and numbers- as Infinity Ward and Treyarch?
- Dracula Vs Toy Maker in New Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Video: So much want for this one.
- New Thief Trailer Emphasises Open Approach: Sneaking up our most wanted list.
- Loadout Review | Who Needs Class When You've Got 44 Billion Boomsticks?: Quality to match the quantity?
- Rekoil Review | CS:NO!!!: A 2/10 monstrosity.
- Our Darker Purpose Review | School of Hard Knocks: Sinister indie happenings.
- The Wolf Among Us: Episode 2 - Smoke & Mirrors Review | Driven Snow: Lack of consequences make this a hard sell.
- Insurgency Review | Teamworks: A refreshingly team-focused shooter.
- Gigantic Army Review | Forget Titanfall, Here's The Real Mech Action: Titanfall meets Metal Slug? Win sauce.
- Jazzpunk Review | And Now For Something Completely Different: Prepare for oddities.
- Dealspwn Reload | Gaming SitRep - 03/02/14: The week ahead and the one behind us from Carl.
- WildStar: The Noob #16 - Weaponsmithing: Building a boomstick.
- WildStar: The Noob #17 - Extreme Cartography: Get your map on.
- Difficult Doesn’t Always Mean Good: I'm still saying Demon's Souls is overrated gash.
- Starpoint Gemini 2 Early Access Preview | Launch All Fighters, Fire At Will!: Can the sequel fulfill the failed ambitions of the original?
- Loading Human and the Oculus Rift: The Future of the Adventure Game: Matt steps closer to his VR dream.
- "I Live For This!" - Untold Games on breaking new ground with VR adventure game Loading Human: Matt interviews the VR game's devs.
- WildStar: The Noob #18 - I Claim This Land: S'mine.
- The WildStar Podcast | Impressions So Far - Likes, Dislikes, and Things We'd Change:WildStar chat around the table.
- Is WildStar Really An MMO Gamechanger? | Winter Beta Impressions: A progress report on the hottest MMO.
- WildStar: The Noob #19 - Relic Hunting: Yep, we're pretty much a WildStar fansite now.
- Crafting in WildStar | Philip Chan on progression, philosophies, & Elder Crafting: Seriously, I've run out of stuff to say about WildStar.
- Game Night | Halo 4 - Undefeated in 2014! (Allegedly): Console broken? Then watch us play games.
- Dungeon Keeper iOS: Never Underestimate EA's Ability To Ruin A Franchise: Do you want that Golden Poo award again, EA?
- Game Buzz | Episode 63 - Sonic Boom: Sonic and other hot news items discussed.
- Let's Play... Jazzpunk | If Gilliam Made Games: Terry Gilliam if you were wondering. I'm guessing.
- WildStar: The Noob #20 - Combat Interlude: No interlude for Matt as he hits video #20.
- Game of the Month | January 2014: Win a copy of the winning game. Not Tomb Raider I'm afraid.