In the build-up to E3 this week we've had the revelation that Kiefer 'Jack Bauer' Sutherland will be taking over the lead role in Metal Gear Solid 5. Konami also used their presser to tease us (again!) with another gameplay-bereft trailer for the latest Castlevania game along with more details about Pro Evo 2014. Microsoft finally admitted some ominous details about the Xbox One needing an almost-constant internet connection, but the preowned picture is still very vague. Hopefully by this time next week we'll have some concrete post-E3 details.
The highlight of our reviews section is undoubtedly The Last of Us, with some suitably grim events for Naughty Dog's harrowing take on a post-apocalypse scenario where the cordyceps virus has almost wiped out the human race. For those of you without a PS3 (don't worry, you'll get it right next-gen), you can tear up the track in the rather excellent Grid 2.
In our features, we try and predict the future events of E3, have a go at Microsoft for being dicks for something or other, recommend the Top 10 Ouya apps -ignoring the remaining seven of them rather cruelly. We also try to play the latest cricket Ashes game, but get forced to watch devs play it instead, which probably means it's going out for a duck. Did I get that cricket reference right? Who cares, it's E3 next week and I'm off to the Download metal festival to get sunburnt and loose my boots in knee-deep mud while drinking beer from a can that's painfully hot to hold.
- UK Games Charts | 1st June 2013: Grid 2 tops the podium.
- New Super Luigi U Trailer Emerges From Japan: And soars over Mario's ickle jumps.
- The Last Of Us Multiplayer: Factions Mode Detailed: We're still not sure this was a good idea.
- PES 2014 Reveals FOX Engine Features: Gameplay Details & Screenshot Blowout: Sounds technical. Will it all make it to the pitch though?
- Legendary ET Landfill To Be Unearthed After 30 Years Of Shame: Clearly never told not to play in bins as a child.
- F2P Space Samurai Rampage 'Em Up Warframe Coming To PS4: Raiden's got some competition.
- Deus Ex: The Fall Officially Revealed... For iOS: What? Why?
- Puppeteer E3 Trailers Reveal New Powers & Pre-Order Bonuses: Lots of platforming gameplay to enjoy here.
- PlanetSide 2 & DC Universe Online Confirmed for PlayStation 4: Can Planetside enjoy the same success as on PC?
- FIFA 14 Gameplay Trailer Showcases Pure Shot, Protection & Precision: It mainly shows people hitting the bar though.
- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Trailered & Dated: We want it to be good. We know it's going to be shit again.
- DuckTales Remastered Gameplay Videos Make Us Weep With Nostalgia: Not me. I'm all about Castle of Illusion HD.
- RUMOUR | Microsoft Courting Sky For Xbox One TV Packages: The bastards combine forces.
- Saints Row IV E3 Trailer Features Drama, Nudity, Beautiful Robots, And... KEITH DAVID: More fun than GTAV? Probably.
- E3 2013: Press Conference and Streaming Presentation Schedules: UK times included for your diary.
- TitanFall: Respawn's New IP Revealed In Game Informer Leak: Shoot robots. Maybe. *GI-Redacted*
- More Free Soul Sacrifice DLC Coming Next Week: Free murderous content. Again!
- Microsoft Cancels E3 Post-Conference Roundtable With Press: Running scared.
- Watch The Konami E3 2013 Presentation Right Here: MGS, Castlevania and PES.
- Kiefer Sutherland Confirmed As Snake's Voice In MGS V: We love Kiefer, but Hayter is surely the prime choice?
- CONFIRMED | Xbox One MUST Connect Online Every 24 Hours, Pre-Owned Policy Up To Publishers: What a bag of balls.
- Xbox One Controller Improvements Detailed: Analogue stick still in wrong position though *trolling*.
- Daylight Bringing First Person Survival Horror to PS4: Procedurally generated horror. Mmmm,we want it.
- Wizard and Amazon Trailers For Dragon's Crown: Lots of T&A. Trolls and arrows.
- Uncharted 3, XCOM and LBP Karting Coming to PS Plus: And you can still play online for free? What do Microsoft hate us so much?
- Castlestorm Review | King Of The Castle: Build a castle and watch it burn. Sad face.
- Skyward Collapse Review | Indie God Game Strikes A Brilliant Balance: But still looks a bit spread-sheety.
- The Last of Us Review | A Grim Swansong For The PS3: Will Joel and Ellie survive?
- GRID 2 Review | Burning Rubber: No cockpit cam doesn't stop Codemaster's racer from scoring high.
- Game Buzz | Episode 34 - Who Will Win E3 2013?: OnLive! Oh, wait it's 2013.
- Ashes Cricket 2013 Developer Demo Preview | Still Stumped: No hands-on time? Not impressed!
- Top Ten Tuesdays | Essential Free OUYA Apps: Got an Ouya? Jon's got your back.
- E3 2013 | What To Expect From Microsoft, Sony & Nintendo: Great games, pre-owned clarity and console prices please!
- Community Corner | Call of Duty: Ghosts – Better With Kinect: Satire or a scary glimpse of the future?
- COMMENT | Xbox One: Consumer Rights? Who Gives A Damn!: Not Microsoft it would seem. Shocked? No.
- The Sunday Seven | The Last of Us Survival Guide: Trust me. you're going to need this.