This week we had the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) which gave us a glance at the first line of Steam machines, which are turning out to be pretty pricey if they're wanting to take on the consoles. A new Aliens game was also unveiled, but after the disaster of Colonial Marines, we're not quite ready to put much stock into it. CES also saw Sony unveil their new streaming service, which looks like an excellent idea, if our weedy broadband can cope that is.
Just the one review this week (damn you, January!) in the form of Max: The Curse of the Brotherhood on the Xbox One. Our features section is positively bursting though with more videos from WildStar, Dungeon of the Endless and Next Car Game. We have numerous opinion pieces on all the big CES news including PlayStation Now, the Steam machines and the lack of any Half-Life 3 news. Matt has a brand new hands-on preview for you for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2. There are also features on why we're all probably going to be buying Skyrim again, why 6vs6 is enough for Titanfall, a list of six games that don't need their player count improving and a New Years Resolution list for the PS4.
- Xbox One launch titles vie for the first 2014 top ten charts, but Gran Turismo 6 beats them to it: Because it'snot £50.
- Sony server shutdowns: Resistance trilogy, SOCOM 4 and GT5 getting the axe: Bothered?
- 13 Steam Machines break cover - here are the specs, pics & prices [UPDATE]: It's getting messy out there.
- Alien: Isolation confirmed as creepy survival horror title - can The Creative Assembly deliver a decent Aliens game? [UPDATE]: Let's talk reality. No.
- Sony reveals PlayStation Now: streaming PS3 games on PS4, Vita, Tablets & Bravia: Fingers crossed out ISPs can cope.
- Next-Gen Left 4 Dead with evolving aliens? Basically, yes, it's happening: Um, yay?
- Titanfall player count capped at 6v6, not the End of the World: It's going to be immense. Trust us.
- Xbox One's next major update will fix "a big list" of issues: But they're not talking specifics.
- Sorry everyone, here's a new Rambo: The Video Game trailer: It's taken so long to make too.
- Max: The Curse Of Brotherhood Xbox One Review | Surprisingly Sharpie: Mad scribbles or masterpiece?
- WildStar: The Noob | Episode 3 - Chasing Chua and Walloping Warbots: Matt unleashes his MMO beast.
- Risky Business: why Half-Life 3 might never release, even though we desperately want it: Can Valve be arsed?
- VR Changes Everything, Microsoft Strikes Back, Nintendo is a Magikarp: Predictions for 2014: The year the Wii U dies?
- Hot & Steamy: What We Make Of The First Wave Of Steam Machines: £££££££££££
- WildStar: The Noob | Episode 4 - Cthulhu's Nephews and Dino-Chocobos: WildStar enters Final Fantasy turf.
- Top Ten Tuesdays | New Year Resolutions for the PS4 to Win 2014: Drink less not included.
- Behold Next Car Game's gloriously outrageous destruction in new gameplay video: Impressive, but gameplay reeks of 1995.
- The Promise & Pitfalls of PlayStation Now: Has Sony Seized The Streaming Future?: If the price is right, maybe so.
- FOR SCIENCE: Six Games That Don't Need Their Player Count Improving: Matt deals with the Titanfall fallout.
- WildStar Gameplay: Winter Beta - Limited Action Sets, Costumes, & the Mentor System | Dealspwn Playthrough: More video from our MMO vet.
- WildStar: The Noob | Episode 5 - Robot Treebeard's Funky Eyebrows: It's Entertaining. Geddit? Shut up!
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Hands-On Preview | Reaching for the Epic: Drac's new adventure is shaping up bloodily.
- Would you buy Skyrim on PS4 or Xbox One? Probably... and Bethesda knows it: I'd rather throw money in the river.
- Game Buzz Extra | Happy New Year 2014: The podcast looks ahead to 2014.
- Dungeon Of The Endless Early Access Preview | Explore, Defend, Run Like Hell!: It will never end. Good value, right?
- Game Buzz | Episode 59 - PlayStation Not Yet: The CES announcements dissected.