This was the week for new game announcements in the shape of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, the Day Z-esque H1Z1 and a PS4 port of The Last of Us. And they say originality in gaming is dying a death, I wonder why. We also saw the Xbox 360 version Titanfall in action and it made us question the need for a next-gen console, it's that good.
In the reviews section Jon's been busy with hammering out verdicts on Age of Wonders III on the PC, Strike suit Zero: Director's Cut on the PS4, Episode 3 of The Wolf Among Us, Battlefield 4: Naval Strike and Invizimals: The Alliance. Matt took his addiction out of the house for Football Manager Classic 2014 on the Vita and I reviewed the previously handhelds-only game Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - Deluxe Edition on PSN.
The Rezzed coverage wraps up this week as Carl and Jon bring you a mix of articles and interviews for Broforce, Private Eye, Biome, Concursion and Sniper Elite 3. Elsewhere you can find pieces on XBL's 'Games with Gold' venture, Battlefield: Vietnam's birthday, the Naval Strike DLC for Battlefield 4, Square Enix's promise to shift their focus, an Elder Scrolls Online journal, a SingOn preview, a look at Nintendo's 'casual' audience and finally a look at why Matt thinks it might be worth holding off buying a next-gen console.
- Wild Titanfall Xbox 360 footage appears, and it's not half bad: A reason to stick with last-gen?
- H1Z1: SOE's Smedley allays fears about pay-to-win, discusses monetisation and DayZ: That name though, jeez.
- The Elder Scrolls Online schools Titanfall, inFamous & MGS in the UK charts: Sub charges not stopping the TESO march.
- "We know how to find you" - Watch Dogs teaser foreshadows our digital shadow: Not long to go now, folks.
- PS4: The Last of Us Remastered emerges accidentally, but will you buy it?: Another poorly kept Sony secret.
- Catch up with yesterday's Nintendo Smash Bros. Direct here: Worth a Wii U?
- Would you have bought a Darth Maul game from the creators of The Force Unleashed 2?: Ha, ha. No I would not.
- Sony's H1Z1 - A new challenger to DayZ's crown?: Or is it just zzz zzzzzombies zzz.
- Welcome to Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel: But not on next-gen.
- Retro Gaming Expo Coming to Blackpool Next Month: To the Vegas of the North!
- Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut Review | Space Combat Reborn On PS4 & Xbox One: The definitive edition?
- The Wolf Among Us: Episode 3 - A Crooked Mile Review | The Extra Mile: Get the whole season for £6.49 on PSN.
- Age Of Wonders III Review | Wonders Never Cease: Triumph studios earn their name.
- Football Manager Classic 2014 Review | Now You Can Take Your Addiction With You: Like heroin and cigarettes!
- Battlefield 4: Naval Strike DLC Review | Spare RHIBs: Where's that Megalodon shark?
- Invizimals: The Alliance Review | A Wild Brian Blessed Appears!: And I reach for the mute button.
- Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate – Deluxe Edition Review: Filler bats?
- Dealspwn Reload | Gaming SitRep - 7/04/14: Carl talks the week that was.
- Casual Gamers: Dictating the Success and Failure of Nintendo: We knew it was someone else's fault.
- A Belated Happy Birthday, Battlefield: Vietnam - A Game Elevated Through Pop Culture: Ah, when it wasn't all Afghan misery.
- Private Eye - Oculus Rift Thriller Interview | Jake Slack talks origins, development & Faceboculus: No, Ian Hislop wasn't there.
- Concursion Interview | Daniel Garfield on his multi-genre mash-up: Carl's Rezzed adventures continue.
- Xbox Live 'Games With Gold' is missing a trick: And the point.
- Top Ten Tuesdays: Xbox Live Games With Gold We Want!: If only they'd listen.
- BROFORCE Hands-On Preview | The Ultimate BRO-Down!: Rambro and Brobocop? Nice.
- Losing Sight Of One's Audience: Square, Nintendo, Capcom and other publishers need to stop panicking and remember how they got here: Is it too late to fix FFXV though?
- Biome Hands-On Preview | Gleaming The Cube: Enter the cube.
- The Elder Scrolls Online Review Journal: Part Two - A Showroom or a Living Breathing World?: More than meets the eye for you subs fee?
- Not made that generation jump? Don't bother just yet: With Titanfall scoring well on 360, it may be worth saving your cash.
- SingOn Preview | The 'Next Generation Karaoke Game' Might Be The Last You'll Ever Need: Scarring Xmas party memories come flooding back.
- Game Night | Battlefield 4: Naval Strike - Part 1: Jon and Carl brave the waves, crashes and bugs.
- Sniper Elite 3 Interview | Christopher Payton on moving the franchise forward: Next-gen testicle 'sploding!
- Game Night | Battlefield 4: Naval Strike - Part 2: See the latest Battlefield 4 DLC in action.