Dragon Age: Inquisition proved to be a pleasant surprise this week with a couple of extensive gameplay videos that whetted our appetite for the fantasy RPG later this year. Ken Levine finally admitted that the Bioshock Vita game was dead, but given that he was planning on a Final Fantasy Tactics take on the series, it looks like we all dodged a bullet there. The upcoming Destiny beta got all the more exciting this week as Bungie announced that everyone involved would be getting codes for their mates too. Prepare for a quiet week from us lot next week then.
In the Reviews, The Wolf Among Us had an excellent finale and Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (not a Capcom game despite the title) made its way to Xbox One in style. Concursion was a confused mess and Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark raised itself just above 'don't bother' thanks to a fun online survival mode and a massive fire-breathing robot dinosaur. The prolonged years of development haven't been kind to Enemy Front as it effortlessly takes the prize for Stinker of Week. A shame.
In between playing non-stop Supraball matches for video/article coverage, the team has been hitting the road to bring you previews for Forza Horizon 2, Sony's Project Morpheus virtual reality headset and Action Henk. As the year's half-way mark passes we have roundtable articles on our favourites for the year so far and what we're most looking forward to before the end of the year. Other articles look into GameStop's suspicious plans for getting involved with game development, how devs need to stop seeing the Wii U gamepad as a mere gimmick, the need for any more MOBAs and a look at how the Oculus Rift and Project Morpheus compare.
- Halo's Master Chief Collection gets new trailer & details: Coagulation makeover, Gungeese & an ambiguous Arbiter: Just add guns to things. I like it.
- Another direct hit for Sniper Elite 3 in the UK Games Charts: Waiting for your download key still?
- Sunset Overdrive intro & gameplay footage blasts out of RTX: Still not convinced this will be fun for more than 30 minutes.
- We can probably declare that BioShock Vita game dead now: Given the FF Tactics style, that's fine.
- Just another driving game? Driveclub's dynamic weather systems actually look rather impressive: Bringing out the graphics whore in all of us.
- Behold 16 minutes of Dragon Age III: Inquisition gameplay: Gorgeous graphics. Massive dragons. We're back in.
- Don't worry, the Grim Fandango remake isn't just releasing on PS4 & Vita: It's not for you! Oh wait, it might be.
- Shoot and loot with friends: Destiny beta codes include two extra guest passes: Or eBay.
- The Division 101: new interview explains Massive's anticipated RPG: One to watch in 2015.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition - 15 Minutes Redcliffe Castle Gameplay: Take a look at the tactical options.
- Concursion Review | What's The Big Idea?: Whatever it is, it's bad.
- Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition Review | The Whole Enchilada!: Still a mad bit of amazing.
- The Wolf Among Us: Episode 5 - Cry Wolf Review | Leader Of The Pack: Comes together nicely in the end.
- Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Review – Grimlock Deserves Better: Grimlock needs his own game.
- Enemy Front Review – An Inglorious Bughunt: Or The Bridge over the River Why?
- GameStop's planned involvement with game development would be a disaster for creatives and consumers alike: Gamers set for more poor DLC?
- Half Time | Top Ten Games of 2014 So Far: Will they still be there by the end?
- The Wii U GamePad is not a gimmick, you're just overthinking it: Devs need to do much more.
- Half Time | Favourite Gaming Moments of 2014 So Far: The wow moments that stuck with us.
- An Introduction to Supraball | Our new favourite eSport: Maybe Brazil should takes this up?
- Half Time | Most Anticipated Games Yet To Come In 2014: Just hurry up already!
- Deathball Lives! Supraball is the gaming equivalent of a jumpers-for-goalposts kickabout: But with more handball.
- Project Morpheus Hands-On Preview | Sony's Mindblowing Machine Is The Real Deal: Is Virtual Reality the next step?
- Game Night | Dealspwn Plays... Supraball: Still undefeated?
- Oculus Rift vs Project Morpheus: There's No Contest: Room for both?
- Action Henk Is Half Trials, Half Sonic, All Toy Story | Early Access Preview: Joe Danger pawned his bike for pies.
- Forza Horizon 2 Preview | The Forza's Strong In This One: *Shakes head at pun*
- Do We Really Need Any More MOBAs?: Hell, no.
- Forza Horizon 2 Developer Interview - Ralph Fulton talks aesthetics and AI: And tearing through crop fields.
- Best of the Rest: Most Anticipated Games for 2014 - Game Buzz #83: A killer Xmas awaits?