Well this has been a strange week. In a turn of events we seem to have Sony saying dumb things instead of Microsoft. The oddest statement came from a Sony executive saying 'Nobody gains from console exclusives." We're pretty sure the rest of the company would strongly disagree. We also learnt the PS4 won't be supporting bluetooth headsets. Microsoft teased the possibilities of the Xbone cross-playing with the PC and also mouse and keyboard support, which could prove interesting with FPS titles.
In our reviews we leaped out of a plane with Skydive and took to the air again to slam dunk the new NBA 2K14. Elsewhere, Jon got his mech on with Bionic Dues and also found time to cover Chainsaw Warrior. To reward him for his fine reviewing efforts we sent him some T&A, albeit in the form of the god-awful Girl Fight. Not to worry though, I got to review Dragon's Crown.
Our features section is absolutely packed this week with interviews for XCOM: Enemy Within, Forza 5 and Watch Dogs. We've also been getting our hands on lots of upcoming games with full reports for Ace Combat: Infinity, XCOM: Enemy Within, Kromaia and we have War Thunder limping to the finish line too. Matt and Carl have a few playthrough videos for you, which the Los Santos PD would love to get their hands on as there's some fairly damning evidence of their antics in GTA Online. And PS4 and Xbone be damned, Jon isn't ruling out the Wii U enjoying a Merry Xmas. Check out his article to find out why.
- UK Games Charts | 5th October 2013: Can FIFA hold off GTA again?
- Sony: PS4 Controller Will Be PC-Compatible: Or you could just use a PS4.
- Sony Confirms Five Official UK PS4 Bundles: Not much of a discount though.
- Nobody Gains From Console Exclusives,' Says PlayStation Executive: I think his colleagues would disagree.
- Second FIFA 14 Patch Redresses The Balance: No more power headers?
- Spoil The First Five Minutes Of BioShock Infinite: Burial At Sea Right Here: A sneak peak at the return to Rapture.
- Galactic Starfighter Expansion Coming To SWTOR: Long-awaited free-flying action.
- GTA V Steals Seven Guinness World Records, Becomes Fastest Ever Selling Videogame In 24 Hours: It's sold well apparently.
- Mad Catz MOJO Microconsole Is Ruinously Expensive: Makes the Ouya look sensible. It isn't though.
- Microsoft Suspiciously Coy About Xbox One PC Cross-Play: But it's happening.
- Trading Standards Slams SimplyGames PS4 Pre-Order Debacle As "Profiteering," Potentially "Illegal": Forcing buyers to buy more expensive packages? Twats.
- Firaxis Would Love To Work On New XCOM Sequel: It's A "Conversation Between Us And 2K": We'd say this is a given.
- Sony: PS4 Early Adopters Don't Care About The Camera: Those little robots care.
- Xbox One May Get Mouse & Keyboard Support After Launch...: Say goodbye to balanced FPS multiplayer.
- PC Hardware Sales Decline Worldwide As Tablets Surge, Claims New Report: Misspelled messages set to continue.
- GTA Online: New Title Update Promises To Fix Progress Loss & Other Issues: May be best leaving this one for a while.
- PS4 Will Not Support Bluetooth Headsets: Wait, what?
- Get Hands-On With PS4 & Xbox One At Gadget Show Live @ Christmas: Still not sure? Then try them out.
- Grand Theft Auto Online: All Players Getting 500,000 GTA$ Stimulus Package: Don't get mugged!
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance & Remember Me Coming To PS Plus Next Month: Wow, I'm seriously running out of room.
- Dragon's Crown Getting Cross-Play Patch Soon: Vita and PS3 questing together at last.
- Play Assassin's Creed IV Early on the Black Flag Tour: See and touch a PS4.
- Skydive: Proximity Flight Review | Six Axes Of Exhilaration!: A pricey thrill-ride.
- Bionic Dues Review | Dues The Business, Mechs Us Proud: Best not try to add another pun.
- Chainsaw Warrior Review | Simple Pleasure: Not what you'd expect from the title.
- NBA 2K14 Review | Still On The Path To Greatness: But worth a shot if you own 2K13?
- Girl Fight Review | Bored Stiff: At least Dead or Alive has boobs and a decent fight system.
- Dragon’s Crown Review | Loot, Glorious Loot!: I'll still be playing this next year.
- Forza Motorsport 5 Interview | Under The Hood With Dan Greenawalt: Find out why Forza 5 is the most anticipated racer of next-gen.
- A First Look At War Thunder | EGX 2013 PS4 Demo: Needs a lot of work. Or just ignoring.
- Watch Dogs Interview | Creative Director Jonathan Morin On Systemic Subversion: What does that mean? Read on.
- XCOM: Enemy Within Hands-On Preview | We Meet The REAL Enemy Within: Exalt: XCOM's massive new expansion.
- XCOM: Enemy Within Interview | Lead Designer Ananda Gupta Unmasks The Exalt: A sequel's on the cards too.
- Dealspwn Playthrough | Grand Theft Auto Online - Character Creation & Entering Los Santos: Finally, we managed to get online.
- Ace Combat: Infinity Hands-On Preview | Paging Doctor Loggins...: Do we still need Ace Combat?
- Kromaia Hands-On Preview | Shooting Stars: Right in their twinkly faces.
- COMMENT | It Might Be A Merry Wii U Christmas After All...: Yeah, but not on this planet.
- Dealspwn Playthrough | Grand Theft Auto Online - Carl & Matt's Illegal Adventures Part 1: Matt and Carl brave the online traffic.
- Dealspwn Playthrough | Grand Theft Auto Online - Carl & Matt's Illegal Adventures Part 2: Next week: Carl puts a contract on Matt's head.
- Game Buzz | Episode 50 - Uncharted: Better With Kinect: The week's news on the podcast.