We've been waiting for the new Batman game to be finally announced since greedily gobbling up Arkham City, but somehow there's an air of apprehension since Warner announced Batman: Arkham Origins. The concept sounds solid, but the piss-awful lazy title and development being taken from Rocksteady has raised a few eyebrows. Naturally, we've had another week of Microsoft saying absolutely nothing next-gen related while more damaging rumours run wild. It'd be funny if it was so sad.
A small selection of reviews were available this week, but with nothing scoring more than a 6. Evoland has the most interesting concept though as it goes through various retro styles as the game progresses. It could have been much better, but the idea is a solid one, make sure to check out Matt's review.
Ubisoft made our week though by finally unveiling Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and Jon even got his hands on it for a preview. We also have a hands-on report and interview for the newly announced Flashback remake and we sat down for a chat with the developers of Payday 2. In the wake of all our old gaming haunts going through the administration grinder I took a look at what lies ahead for high street retail in the build up to the next generation of consoles and ask if they can survive in Games at Retail: Adapt or Die. Be sure to take a look at our fond look-back Day of the Tentacle feature, which has inspired me to raid the cupboard and dust off the original - then surely get furious as the PC refuses to play it.
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Is "THE Kick-Ass Cyber Shooter," Due May 1st: "The apocalypse had an apocalypse." Ace.
- UK Games Charts | 6th April 2013: Bioshock or Defiance?
- Black Ops II: Uprising DLC Trailer Has Your Back: Funny video of the week.
- UK Retailers Slam Rumoured Durango Always-On DRM: Why are Microsoft taking so long to patch their wounds?
- Miyamoto: The Wii U Needs Time To Prove Itself: No, it needs games.
- The Last of Us Dev Diary Presents The "Wasteland Beautiful": Naughty Dog look set to impress again.
- Ex-Microsoft Designer Slams Former Company For "Bro" Culture: Ha, feelings!
- RUMOUR: Durango Will Not Be Backwards-Compatible: Not as important as it was last-gen as we'll still be using the same TVs.
- Batman: Arkham Origins Details Emerge From Game Informer Announcement: But without Rocksteady? Alarm bells?
- Vita Firmware Update Adds Customisable Folders: Finally, I can clear up that mess.
- UK LulzSec Hackers Plead Guilty To Sony & Nintendo Attacks: Throw away the key.
- Batman: Arkham Origins Screenshots Leak Out: Why so armoured, Bats?
- PS4: "Hardware Not The Biggest Focus" For Sony: Varied output is the aim.
- Zeschuk on Creative Freedom: "EA Gives You Enough Rope To Hang Yourself": But in a good way apparently.
- Deep Silver Boss: "We're Better Than Activision/EA/Ubi Because We Turn A Profit": Anyone else remember their dismembered bikini torso Collector's Edition?
- Put 12 Minutes Of Dark Souls II Gameplay In Your Face: It's going to be so mean.
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Trailer Goes Old School: What the hell is this awesome nonsense?!
- Flashback Getting Downloadable Reboot, Original Creator On Board: Shhh. It looks a bit bum.
- New Star Wars: Battlefront III Footage Emerges, Looks Fantastic: Why couldn't we have this instead of The Force Unleashed?
- Cloudberry Kingdom Trailer Is Heartwarming & Sadistic: Hard work pays off for two dev buddies.
- Windows 8 Blamed For PC Shipment Slump: Why have Microsoft turned Windows into a child's toy? Tossers.
- Disney Infinity Toy Box Trailer Shows Off Insane Scope: Need to think of excuses for all the extra toys we're going to be owning.
- Dishonored: Knife Of Dunwall Trailer Honours The Legendary Daud: Story-based DLC. More of this please.
- Rayman Legends Gets 30 More Levels Due To Delay: Every cloud and all that.
- Cross-Play Invizimals Games Announced For PS3 & Vita: First time the series has looked this good.
- Trion Hand Out Boosts For Defiance After Shaky Launch: We'll have a review for you soon.
- Castle of Illusion Remake Teased By Sega: Good times ahead.
- Project X Zone Trailer Looks Blindingly Awesome: It also looks a bit mental.
- Ridge Racer: Driftopia Announced as Free-To-Play Racer: Needs to be better than Unbounded.
- Road Redemption Kickstarter Ignites Road Rash Memories: Will hopefully make it to consoles too.
- Shattered Haven Review | Happy FamilieZ: Zombie puzzler. What?
- Painkiller: Hell & Damnation DLC Review | Zombie Bunker & The Clock Strikes Meat Night: DLC filler ain't no killer.
- Evoland Review | A Walk To Remember: Taking you through gaming history Zelda-style.
- Opening Scenes | Evoland - First 15 Mins: The genesis of Evoland.
- Smooth Criminal: A Chat With Overkill About Payday 2: I'm surprised they bothered with a sequel really.
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Hands-On Preview | Jumping The (Cyber) Shark: Loving the look of this.
- Blast From The Past | Day of the Tentacle: Hmmm, will my old PC CD-Rom work on Windows 7? Doubtful.
- Flashback Hands-On Preview | Repressed Memories: Jon plays the reimagining.
- Flashback Interview | Co-Writer Simon McKenzie On Rewriting A Classic: Why now? Find out here.
- Game Buzz | Episode 27 - In Defence of Microsoft: All this week's hottest topics discussed.
- PWNCAST | Season 3: Episode 12 - Saber Throw: Defiance and Fire Emblem vie for our attention in the pwncast.
- Games at Retail: Adapt or Die: An examination of why retail is still important for gaming.