It's award season here at Dealspwn and we have a few community polls for you to choose your favourite releases of the year. The team have also taken the time to look back over the last 12 months to give you our personal highlights for best game, favourite/most played game, best moment, disappointment, surprise and naturally our most anticipated titles of next year.
Elsewhere we have a rather disappointed hands-on with The Order: 1886. We're not convinced the new Destiny DLC is worth your cash, luckily we've provided 10 alternatives. Be on the look out for more dodgy DLC in the future too and have a read of Jon examination of on-disc DLC. Our From the Vault piece dusts off an older article about linearity in games, which is still worth a read today. The Sunday Seven this week leaps to the side of Assassin's Creed Rogue as I explain how it truly smashes it's big brother, Unity.
We have a couple of reviews for you too. It'll come as no surprise that The Crew wasn't worth the effort, the hype or the headlines. good thing Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris is here to provide a fantastic adventure for you and three buddies. Enjoy the links to all of these items below, and don't forget to head on over to our game deals page if you're after the latest cheap prices.
- Dealspwn's Games Retailer of the Year 2014 - Community Vote: Who's earned your cash the most?
- Game of the Year 2014 - Community Vote: Voting's still open.
- "Do you hate your fans that much, Square Enix?" | Twitter Reacts... To Final Fantasy VII on PS4: Ha, ha oh Square you big whorey tease.
- Staff Personal Picks | Game of the Year 2014: It's not The Crew.
- Staff Personal Picks | Favourite Games of 2014: Not the same award apparently.
- Staff Personal Picks | Best Gaming Moment of 2014: I was tempted to say Square's FFVII reveal.
- Staff Personal Picks | Biggest Disappointment of 2014: A lot to choose from this year.
- Staff Personal Picks | Biggest Surprises of 2014: You maybe surprised. Duh.
- Destiny: The Dark Below costs a hilarious £20, here are ten much better ways to spend your money: "Buy three copies of Titanfall." Love it.
- Be aware: On-Disc DLC has evolved and it's more insidious than ever: Ubisoft needs a rethink in 2015.
- The Order: 1886 Hands-On Preview | Outdated, Outmoded, and Stuck in the Past: I've played it too. It's a bit cack. Shiny cack though.
- Ubisoft Killed Tiny Tim - Game Buzz #100: To be fair, he was a whiner.
- From The Vault | Gaming In A Straight Line: Is Linear A Dirty Word?: Depends how much innuendo you pronounce it with.
- The Sunday Seven: How Assassin’s Creed Rogue smashes Unity: Seriously, buy Rogue now.
- The Crew Review | A Mediocre Masterpiece: Is that a good thing?
- Lara Croft And The Temple Of Osiris Review | Tomb Raiding Is Fun Again: Lara's last PS4 appearance for a while.