We can neither confrim nor deny that Microsoft have been acting like bellends again this week by messing around with their prices during a new dashboard beta. It's not like they're in a run of bad form at the moment or anything like that. Elsewhere, we've seen a new Ratchet & Clank game get announced along with the promise of even more DLC for Borderlands 2 and frankly, we can't wait for either of them. New videos released this week whetted our appetites for Killzone: Shadow Fall, Rambo (ha), Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix (worst title ever), and some new effort by Northern startup Rockstar, GTA V.
Despite the release schedule getting a little thin, as it does as soon as a bit of sunshine appears, we've pulled the curtains tight to bring you verdicts on Scourge: Outbreak, Lego Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey, The Walking Dead: 400 Days and Project X Zone.
In the features we've got hands-on reports from the PS4 and Knack, Real Boxing on the Vita and Firefall on the PC. Carl had a chat with the devs behind the upcoming Wildstar. Jon and Carl also teamed up to bring you a playthrough video for the new XBLA shooter, Scourge: Outbreak, which I'd implore you to watch before picking up the game. Seeing as we're half way through the year now, we've also had a look back over the best games of the last six months and voted for a list of our Top 10. Aliens: Colonial Marines didn't quite make it.
- More Money Rolls In As Star Citizen Hits $14 Million: Will this be the first good kickstarted project?
- UK Games Charts | 6th July 2013: It's still fungus fever at the top.
- DualShock 4 Light Bar Cannot Be Deactivated: Wow, that's gonna suck for plasma screen owners.
- Microsoft: Xbox One "Difficult" To Release "As Is" In Japan: Not great over here either.
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist Gameplay Trailer Shows Gas Plant Infiltration: Varied approaches displayed.
- Ubisoft: ZombiU Not Even Close To Being Profitable: Ubisoft pour more scorn on the Wii U.
- Gearbox: More Borderlands 2 DLC In The Pipeline: Won't be covered by the Season Pass though.
- Amiga Games Incorporated & Distribution Rights For 300 Titles Bought For $500K, Re-Releases Likely: Flogging a dead horse?
- Désilets: 1666 Could Be "The Next Assassin's Creed": What, drawn out and disappointing?
- GTA V Gameplay Reveal Trailer - Watch It Now!: We're back on board after seeing the game in action.
- Blizzard Confirms Plans For WoW In-Game Microtransaction Store: Pay-to-win time.
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Skipping Xbox Due To Microsoft Blocking Cross-Platform Play: No friends for Microsoft.
- REPORT | Losing Microsoft Points Will Raise XBLA Game Prices [UPDATE]: Reason 74 to pre-order your PS4.
- SEGA Sues THQ For £630,000 Over Unpaid Company Of Heroes 2 Pre-Orders: Hmm good luck getting that back.
- Rockstar Confirm That GTA V Trailer Was Running On PS3: Nice.
- Rambo: The Video Game Gets First Trailer: Why does this exist? Who is it for?
- Microsoft: XBLA Price Increase Is An "Unintended Error": I bet it was.
- Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus Revealed For PS3: Sony are never going to let Insomniac get away.
- PS4 Accounts & Games Library Can Be Speedily Accessed On Any Console: Sony continue to win at 'opposites' against MS.
- Microsoft: Xbox One Is A 'Justifiable Business Expense': The taxman will fuck you up if you try this.
- Oculus Rift CEO Hopes For PS4 & Xbox Compatibility: As does every console owner on the planet.
- Killzone: Shadow Fall Gets Extended Gameplay Footage & Pre-Order Bonuses: The knife seems more lethal than guns here.
- 20 Things You Didn't Know About PS4 - Sony Releases Informative New Video: A video made of pre-order win.
- Killzone: Mercenary Accepting Closed Beta Applications: Sign up to get early access.
- Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix Introductory Trailer: Kingdom Hearts, finally back on PlayStation.
- Gaming TV Channel Ginx Launches on Virgin Media: Fingers crossed for Freeview too.
- Scourge: Outbreak Review | Operation: Old Rope: Gears of Bore.
- LEGO Legends Of Chima: Laval's Journey Review | Built On Quality: Collect everything!
- The Walking Dead: 400 Days Review | Killer Filler: But mainly filler.
- Project X Zone Review | Hot Cross Fun: Pun of the Week right there.
- Knack Hands-On Preview | Has The PS4 Found Its Mascot?: Not at this rate unfortunately.
- Dealspwn Playthrough | Scourge: Outbreak - Opening Gameplay: Carl and Jon play it so you don't have to.
- Real Boxing Vita Hands-On Preview | Punching It Up A Notch: Thankfully, plays better than its piss poor name suggests.
- WildStar Interview | Chris Lynch & Hugh Shelton Talk Aiming: Lining up the best attacks for upcoming MMO.
- Half Time | Top Ten Games of 2013 So Far: It's been a great year so far, but will any of these still be in our Top 10 by January?
- Firefall Open Beta First Impressions | Jumpjet Joyrides & Crafting Confusion: It's colourful, but is it any good?
- Game Buzz | Episode 39 - Poor Smiley Toad: We digest the week's news. And abuse a much loved Ninty character.