A Bioshock Infinite trailer dropped by this week trying to spoil the first few minutes of the game for us. We don't dare watch it, but we've posted a link if you do - apologies if it's just a video of keyboard cat. In more sombre news, THQ went into administration and looks like they will have to sell the rights to their existing and upcoming titles, although we're told this shouldn't affect development or staff jobs. All the same, it can't be easy there at the moment and we wish them all the best.
Elsewhere on the site, we've been reviewing Nintendoland on the Wii U, classic AM2 fighters that don't seem to have aged so well and PlayStation All-Stars, which won't be getting called Classic in ten years time at all and will have probably aged worse than the panel of Loose Women. Our features have been dominated with Game of the Year categories, including individual staff picks. Have a cracking Christmas everyone, and fingers crossed you get some belting games. Xmas hint: If you don't open the seals on your Wii U box you'll be able to take it back with a receipt.
- UK Games Charts | 15th December 2012: Black Ops II shrugs off the competition again.
- Last Comet Stores Close Tomorrow (Barring Christmas Miracle): I'll probably stop getting it confused with Curries now.
- Dust 514 Trailer Is All About Guns, Lots Of Guns: Tasty guns to be stolen from you five seconds after spawning.
- LEGO City Undercover: Did We Fire Six (Screen)shots? Or Only Five?: Fingers crossed this eventually makes its way to proper consoles.
- Tomb Raider Survival Guide: Upgrades, Base Camps & Killer Instinct: First look at upgrading equipment.
- Witness The Unmaking Of Carthage In Total War: Rome II Dev Diary: Strategic war game show's its secrets.
- Capcom: Monster Hunter 4 Delayed, Resi 6 Sales Fall Short: Has anyone had a good year?
- SPOILER ALERT: The First Few Minutes Of BioShock Infinite Revealed: Nope, not looking.
- UPDATE: War Z Controversy Escalates As Customers Ask For Refunds: Selling unfinished games? Tut tut.
- THQ Selling Games & Assets, Files For Bankruptcy: Sad news, but jobs are safe for now apparently. Fingers crossed that's true.
- Elite: Dangerous Looses Another Trailer In Final Kickstarter Push: Edging closer to funds total, but it'll be close.
- Black Isle Seeks Crowd Funding For Post-Apocalyptic Prototype Pitch...: Perhaps asking for a little too much faith in us this time?
- The Second Wonder Of Crysis 3: 'The Hunt': Bow action makes us interested in Crysis 3 again.
- DayZ Creator: 'Depressing' War Z Controversy Adding To Major Development Stress: What did you expect charging people for an unfinished game? Man up and open a free limited beta.
- Rumour: Ubisoft Wants To Buy THQ At "Bargain" Price: Ubisoft doing their best vulture impressions.
- Spoilery Dead Space 3 Achievements Hit The Net: Dare you look and save yourself £40?
- The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave Review | Awesome AR, Draggin' Quest: A colourful dungeon crawler for the 3DS.
- Crimson Shroud Review | Roll For Initiative: Tabletop RPG on the 3DS. Looks a bit heinous.
- SEGA AM2 Fighter Collection Review | Sonic the Fighters, Virtua Fighter 2, Fighting Vipers: Classic brawlers get a beating.
- Nintendo Land Review | Land of Hope and Glory?: An early success for the Wii U, but it looks like a hard sell to the Wii Sports crowd.
- PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale Review: Not the disaster I was expecting, but still a missed opportunity.
- Game Of The Year 2012 | Staff Highlights - Carl Phillips: Carl tells us what's made his year.
- Game of the Year 2012 | Staff Highlights - Brendan Griffiths: See, I did like some things this year. Not Amy though.
- Game of the Year Awards 2012 | The Plan: Links to all the categories.
- Game of the Year Awards 2012 | Best New IP: Who comes out on top for the new brands this year?
- Game of the Year Awards 2012 | Best Multiplayer Game: Best game with friends?
- Game Of The Year Awards 2012 | Best MMO: Best game for those with no friends?
- Game of the Year Awards 2012 | Best Driving/Racing Game: Best rubber burner?
- Game Buzz | Episode 13 - Surviving the Apocalypse: Bloody Mayans. Suppose I'm working this weekend after all.
- Game of the Year Awards 2012 | Best Platform/Puzzle Game: We erm, may have forgotten to give Joe Danger 2 a mention. Sorry.
- Game of the Year Awards 2012 | Best Fighting Game: Not exactly a vintage next year to be honest.
- PWNCAST | Season 2: Episode 13 - The Alternative Awards: Best character and many sillier awards are in the podcast.
- Game of the Year Awards 2012 | Best Strategy Game: Best in class for the Armchair Generals.