In the news this week the Wii U gets off to a rocky start in the US, Star Citizen performs some power-busking with its kickstarter campaign, THQ narrowly avoid meltdown, Mirror's Edge 2 moves closer to reality and Peter Molyneux gets a bit emotional, then asks us for money again. In our reviews we play Lego The Lord of the Rings, F1 All Stars, Nike +, Borderlands 2 DLC and the final episode of The Walking Dead. Our features take a look at the future of Sony's Vita regarding third-party titles and I get all excited for the best looking games of 2013. So enjoy the links below and I'll see you all next week, if I can tear myself away from Far Cry 3 that is.
- Wii U Day One Patch Becomes Launch Day Embarrassment: Half of the console's features not included in boxed version.
- UK Games Charts | 17th November 2012: BLOPS is Top of the Pops again.
- Hitman: Absolution Online Passes Scrapped: Woo hoo! Says everyone planning to rent the game instead.
- Big Fat Assassin's Creed III Console Patch Detailed: Pfft, this is why pre-orders are a waste of time.
- PS Vita Firmware 2.0 Deploys This Wednesday: Better browsing and PS+ friendliness added.
- Uncharted: Fight For Fortune Officially Revealed: The only Uncharted game nobody really wants? I'll take two.
- Star Citizen Smashes Crowd Funding Record As Campaign Ends: Ultimate busking for these space cadets.
- DOOM Classic Complete Collection Hits PSN This Week: Hmmm pixelated screenburn.
- See Bayonetta Strut Her Stuff In Anarchy Reigns: Day One Edition Trailers: The only way you're going to see Bayonetta again on Ps3 or 360.
- Wii U Profitable For Nintendo After One Game Purchase: Which will be great when we can find one that doesn't look like balls.
- Metro: Last Light Devs Describe Wii U CPU As "Horrible, Slow": Big talk from a team whose publisher is in the shit. But we agree.
- THQ Buys Eight Weeks' Grace With Creditor To Avoid Bankruptcy: Delaying all their big games could prove fatal. THQ need a big hitter now.
- UKIE Report Says Over 40% Of UK Population Now Plays Games: I'd be more interested to see the stats that removed facebook/basic iphone games.
- Planetside 2 Rolls Out, Promises "The Future Of War": What? A crash at a title screen? Thanks.
- DICE Doesn't Want To Become A "Battlefield Factory," Mirror's Edge 2 Reportedly Still In Development: Well don't agree to whore yourself out to make endless DLC and get on with Mirror's Edge 2 then.
- Nintendo Land UK TV Adverts Challenge Us To "Talk Or Fail": Come on! Not one good looking game? Fuck's sake.
- 22cans Takes Project GODUS To Kickstarter: No more money for Molyneux until he fixes his other kickstarted turd please.
- Black Ops II Xbox 360 & PC Patches Now Live [UPDATE]: I'm not trying zombies on PS3 until next year. It's still broken.
- Next Hitman Game Will Offer A "Fresh Perspective":
- Emotional Molyneux Admits Promising Too Much: "I Can't Blame People For Not Believing": Maybe he should concentrate on making a game rather than telling us what it will be. Nobody to blame but yourself, Mr. Molyneux.
- 007 Legends Developer Eurocom Fires All But 50 Staff, Refocuses On Mobile Games: When a studio becomes a mobile games studio a part of me dies.
- Nike+ Kinect Training Review | Heavy Fuel: Games for fatties in time for Xmas, because they thought the Wii Fit board was cake.
- Majestic-12 Review | Funcomplicated: Simple to grasp and fun to play. The way shooters should be.
- F1 Race Stars Review | Not The Winning Formula: F1 and Sackboy both fail to make good with cart racing.
- Borderlands 2: Mr. Torgue's Campaign Of Carnage DLC Review | EXPLOSIONS?!: Borderlands 2's borders continue to swell with content.
- The Walking Dead: Episode 5 - No Time Left Review | Oh My Darling Clementine: Final episode time.
- LEGO Lord of the Rings Review | Of Orcs And Tiny Plastic Men: Business as usual for Lego games. But with added Gollum.
- Sony's Winter of Discontent: Can A Third-Party Christmas Save The Vita?: Seeing as Black Ops: Declassified is averaging at 32 on Metacritic, it's not looking likely.
- Game Buzz | Episode 10 - Nintendo's Bumbags: The US Wii U launch and THQ's woes are amongst our chatter topics.
- PWNCAST | Season 2: Episode 10 – The United Gaming Kingdom: Are the latest 'gamer' stats actually that true? Hear our thoughts.
- The Sunday Seven: 2013’s Most Wanted Games: Not content with all the amazing games coming out now, I look ahead to the best 2013 has to offer.