The proper Wild West Call of Juarez is back, The Last of Us gets another awesome video, a naughty man breaks into his PS Vita, Matt chats to Warren Spector, Carl battles through Guild Wars 2, Jon sets his sights on the Carrier Command remake and I get my mitts on Dust 514. It's been another busy week at Dealspwn. Check out our news highlights below along with links to our features and reviews.
- Half Life Remake Black Mesa Source Finally Dated: Rumours that they've made the first hour less dull have been made up my myself (*gets thumped by the entire Dealspwn staff*)
- Report: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Is Not Project Ogre Or MGS 5: Kojima has a mild hissy-fit on Twitter. Well, stop hiding your games then, Kojima-san.
- UK Games Charts | 1st September 2012: Guild Wars 2 knocks Sleeping Dogs from the top spot.
- New Halo 4 Trailer Accidentally Leaks Major Script Details?: Want to brave some potential spoilers? Turns out Master Chief is actually Eddie Murphy. He's Cortana too.
- FIFA 13: EA Canada "Can't Ever Envisage" Cross-Platform Play: PS3 Vs 360 matches isn't on EA's to-do list. No shit.
- Sony TGS Lineup Reveals Serious Vita Commitment: Further signs of Vita life from Sony after a strong Gamescom. Yes, we're quite aware nobody has heard of half of those Vita titles.
- Assassin's Creed III Will Get Monthly Multiplayer Story DLC: The monthly milking begins.
- Valve Job Ad: 'We're Jumping In To The Computer Hardware Space': Would it be that surprising to see Half-Life 3 emmerge as a Steam 'console' exclusive?
- Warren Spector: "The Infinite Variety Of Games Is Under-Reported": Spector talks about how the inventiveness is out there. But we're not reporting it apparently. There's also a lot of shit out there too, Warren.
- Ubisoft Officially Scraps Always-On DRM, Sees Reason: After years of abuse Ubisoft finally back down starting with Assassin's Creed III.
- Report: Wii U Zelda Game Coming In 2014?: Awesome, the only game Ninty fans want from the Wii U still doesn't officially exist.
- Joe Danger 2: The Movie Out Next Week On XBLA: Oh my f**k. This. Will. Be. Awesome.
- Here's Fifteen Minutes Of The Last Of Us: Turns out Joel is also quite handy with a brick. Absorb this new gameplay video now.
- Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger Revealed: Thankfully the series is returning to the Wild West after the clusterf**k that was The Cartel.
- Insomniac Teases Fuse Reveal With New Video: Overstrike renamed and slightly dullified?
- Report: Vita Homebrew Hack In Early Stages: Every Vita owner keeps their fingers crossed it's not going to end up like the PSP.
- Remember Me Gets Explosive Ten Minute Walkthrough: Enjoy the Gamescom extended gameplay video.
- Bethesda: Next-Gen Development Will "Come At A Price": No mention of why they still can't get their heads around a PS3 then?
- Neil Gaiman, John Kovalic, John C. Wright & Mercedes Lackey Support Save City Of Heroes Campaign: City of Heroes isn't going down without a fight.
- Game CEO: There Will Be New Stores: A return to old ways? Maybe not, the other signs are encouraging.
- Dealspwn Playthrough | Guild Wars 2 - McGarnagle's Story Part 1 + Vista Viewpoints: Don't like words? Carl's made another playthrough video just for you.
- War Of The Human Tanks Review | Click-Click-Click Boom: Is it a visual novel or a strategy game? It's a bit of both. Looks bonkers.
- Qasir Al-Wasat Review | The Glass Dagger: If you can get away from the evil hypno-owl at the start of the review you'll find that Jon really likes this game.
- Dealspwn Playthrough | Guild Wars 2 - McGarnagle’s Story Part 2 + Skill Points: Wait, didn't I already...oh no wait, it's Part 2.
- Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Review | It's High Time For High Moon: Better than we expected and by that we mean it's not complete shite. High praise for a licensed game.
- Guild Wars 2 Review | Part 2 - Freedom & Choice: Read more of Carl's epic GW2 review.
- Dogfight 1942 Review | Up Tiddly Up Up: Jon takes to the skies in this XBLA WWII fighter-plane game.
- Why We Love . . . George Stobbart: Matt shows the love for Broken Sword's hero.
- Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two Hands-on Preview | It Takes Two, Baby!: Matt gets to try Epic Mickey 2 and not on the Wii. Win!
- RANT | How "Mature Games" Are Usually Anything But These Days: Matt berates so-called 'mature' games.
- Medal of Honor: Warfighter Hands-On Preview | Bring A Buddy: The new MOH takes us by surprise by stepping up its game.
- From Deus Ex To Disney: Warren Spector Reflects On Evolution, E3, and Epic Mickey: Matt sits down for a chat with Warren Spector, narrowly resisting hugging him while whispering thanks for Deus Ex in his ear.
- Painkiller: Hell & Damnation Preview | Drag Me To Hell: Old-school rules makes this HD remake one to watch.
- Call of Juarez: Gunslinger Preview | Techland Return To The Wild West: No more modern-day bullshit for this one. Going back to the Wild West is what we always wanted.
- Dust 514 Hands-On Preview | The FPS That Went F2P: This free-to-play FPS is hooking up with the PC's Eve Online to take on the big guns.
- Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Preview | Get Your Towels Ready, It's About To Go Down: Jon's preview of the reboot of the '88 classic.