Following in the footsteps of LOTR Online and Dungeons & Dragons, Hi-Rez studios has confirmed that their MMO shooter will be adopting a free-to-play model in a couple of weeks. Naturally there'll be premium content and microtransactions a go-go, and we have the full details below.
Global Agenda will be going free-to-play in "mid-April" - coinciding with a new expansion pack that adds a slew of new features. Free users can download and play the game in its entirety, including all of the maps and most of the modes on offer.
Players who've already paid full whack for Global Agenda will be automatically upgraded into "Elite Agents," who will earn accelerated experience, achievements and a raft of smaller bonuses such as matchmaking priority and access to the auction house. Free-to-play users can optionally upgrade for a supplementary charge £13.99.
Naturally, there'll also be some little microtransactions to spend your money on. 'Boosters' will grant timed bonuses to XP, tokens and credits once they've been purchased.
We've wrapped up the perks and restrictions of each tier below - and it's up to you to decide whether the extra perks are worth the extra money. [Hi-Rez]
- No Level Restriction
- Ability to earn all of the game’s current items without spending real money.
- Access to all of the game’s current playable content, including:
- Sonoran Desert Open Zone
- Special Ops PvE (1- to 4-person Co-Op)
- 10v10 Mercenary PvP
- 4v4 Arena PvP
- Double Agent PvPE
- 10-person Defense Raids (including the new Dome Defense Mission coming in version 1.4).
- Agency vs Agency Gameplay (AvA)
Elite Agent: One-time purchase of £13.99
- Earn End-of-Mission XP at twice the rate of a Free-to-Play user
- Earn End-of-Mission Credits and Tokens at twice the rate of a Free-Play user
- Earn End-of-Mission Elite Loot upon winning an instanced PvE or PvP match
- Choose which PvP game types you would like to play when queuing for Mercenary PvP.
- Access the Auction House
- Access In-Game Mail
- Less restrictive chat capabilities
- No ads for in-game voice
- Ability to create Agencies
- Higher Login priority