Nine Dots Studio (who previously brought us XBLIG brawler Brand) have pitched a much more ambitious project on Kickstarter: a competitive 4v4 arcade space sim where teams scream into the wild black yonder to destroy each other's carriers. GoD Factory: Wingmen promises robust ship customisation, numerous weapons and versatile team strategies - and frankly, we could always use some more space combat experiences.
I'll endeavour to bring you some impressions of the preview build soon, but for now, we've got the pitch and details below.
In the game, players pilot ships that are sent out to destroy the opposing team’s enemy carrying ship. However, these massive structures require coordinated attacks with allies to destroy all the vulnerable areas. Battles can be won in a multitude of ways, giving players the ability to create unique tactical offensive and defense strategies within their teams.
One of the main features of the game is the intense amounts of customization offered for each of the ships. Players will have to balance weight, energy consumption, and heat capacity when deciding the best parts for their ship. The various parts players choose affect both the look and abilities of the craft, allowing the player to craft a custom ship that fits the role they want to play in their team. At the end of every match, win or lose, players are given a score which is then used to gain access to new parts.
- Fully customizable gunships built part by part, changing their look, stats and abilities
- Online multiplayer to play with friends and the community
- Four playable species with their own unique parts to choose from
- Intense tactical dogfights that require group strategies
- Multiple layers of complexity to create unique matches each time
- Oculus Rift and joystick enabled for a visual experience like none other
Nine Dots are seeking $70,000 over the next 44 days. Their fate, as always, is in your hands.