What better way to celebrate another year of defying the dragons than throwing a great big party? Thus reasons ArenaNet, who have scheduled a weekend of Guild Wars 2 fun and frolics from 11th to 14th July. Expect a hot mess of events taking place in Lion's Arch, including a unique fireworks show that rewards onlookers with unique gear, alongside minigames and holographic projectors scattered all over Tyria.
Also, Moa Racing, which the brave operatives of the Moa Crimes Investigative Service clan (erm, just Carl and I) plan to infiltrate. We've got the details and itinerary below.
- Holographic Dragon Wings: Dedicated festival goers can earn two sets of exclusive dragon wings by participating in Dragon Bash activities.
- Exclusive Weapon Skins: Those who take part can earn the exclusive Dragon’s Jade weapon skins — only available during Dragon Bash.
- Dragon Ball: The ancient Tyrian pastime of Dragon Ball returns. Teams of players test their skills against one another in this fast-paced game of reflexes.
- Moa Racing: Farshore Ward in Lion's Arch is the site of the fast and furious Moa Races, where anything can happen.
- Dragon Effigies and Piñatas: Combustible dragon effigies have been hidden everywhere. Perform a ritual dance to light them and receive a temporary boost. Keep an eye open for dragon piñatas strung up in honour of the festival – then break them open to receive tasty Dragon Bash candy.
- Unique Festival Helm: Watch the skies above Lion's Arch come alive with an explosive fireworks show every two hours from Friday 14th June at 17:00 BST to Monday 17th June at 17:00 BST. Stay through the finale and receive a unique festival helm - The Horns of the Dragon.
- Lighting Ceremony: Tuesday 18th June, gather on the Grand Piazza of Lion's Arch and join the jovial Magnus the Bloody Handed as he presides over an evening of merriment and cheer over the lighting of the dragon effigies.