Guild Wars II's next update will let players vote on two rival politicians vying for a seat on the Captain’s Council of Lion’s Arch, the winner changing Tyria and future content updates depending on their manifestos. You can read up on the two candidates after the break, and take a closer look at Cutthroat Politics on the official site.
Cuttthroat Politics releases on July 23rd as an automatic client update.
As owner and proprietor of the Black Lion Trading Company, I have the proven leadership skills and business acumen that is sorely needed on the Captain’s Council. With your support, I will secure a trade agreement with the Zephyrites that benefits us all.
If I am elected to the Captain’s Council, I’ll show my gratitude for your support in the following ways:
- I’ll slash prices on Black Lion Keys for four whole weeks
- I’ll sponsor important Fractals of the Mist research into the Fall of Abaddon, to be completed by the end of the year
- I’ll host a rotation of popular activities like Crab Toss and Southsun Survival.
You can find me in the Zephyr Sanctum, working for the best interest of Lion’s Arch.
I’ve stood by the people of Lion’s Arch in good times and bad, defending her from all manner of threat. Now I want to ensure the security of our beloved city in a different capacity, as a member of the Captain’s Council. I’ll need your support to establish a fair trade treaty between Zephyr Sanctum and Lion’s Arch.
If I’m fortunate enough to earn a position on the Captain’s Council, here’s what you can expect from Ellen Kiel:
- I’ll reduce waypoint travel prices for four weeks’ time
- I’ll support important Fractals of the Mists research into the Thaumanova Reactor explosion by the end of the year
- I’ll introduce a rotating schedule of activities such as Crab Toss and Southsun Survival.
Come find me in Zephyr Sanctum; let’s work together for a brighter future!