1C Studios have released a new trailer for IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle For Stalingrad, which promises "unprecedented level of details in physics, damage model and aerodynamics" alongside a sever-supported campaign generator for unpredictable dynamic missions. It's unclear whether any of the trailer represents in-engine gameplay (I highly doubt it), but it's well worth a watch for armchair fighter jocks.
IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle For Stalingrad releases in early access form later this year - pre-orders are now being taken on the official site.
- Brand new single-player campaign mode for combat flight-sims: server supported campaign generator where all missions are historical, dynamic and unique.
- Unprecedented level of details in physics, damage model and aerodynamics of the virtual aircrafts.
- True-to-life and complex AI system.
- The largest and most detailed recreation of the air war in Stalingrad (unique structures/buildings, you can only find recreated here).
- Legendary combat aircraft thoroughly re-created using the original drawings and blueprints.
- Historically correct reconstruction of all key operations of the Stalingrad battle.
- Quick fights and large-scale battles in single-player and multiplayer with dedicated servers.
- In-game achievement system, allowing players to unlock new airplane modifications/upgrades based on player’s mission results.
- Global player statistics.