The Incredible Adventures Of Van Helsing has received its first DLC pack in the form of Blue Blood, which allows players The scenario mode has also received some free improvements, which gives game-complete hunters a compelling reason to don their silly hat and return to the fray.
The Steam-exclusive DLC pack enables players to turn their ghostly companion Lady Katarina into a more efficient monster hunter by introducing a new skill tree. Eight brand new skills are now available, including attack rate boosts, debilitating AoE debuffs, ghostly mirages and HP regeneration. As you'd expect, it's an inexpensive purchase at £1.49.
8 brand new Skills for Lady Katarina (on a new, separate skill tree):
- Power of Vengeance - Increases Katarina’s damage.
- Wraith Frenzy - Boosts Katarina’s attack rate.
- Wail of Vengeance - If Katarina is taken down, she will cause damage to everyone around her.
- Ethereal Evasion - Improves Katarina’s dodge ability.
- Armor of Defiance - Enhances Katarina’s Resistances.
- Spectral Resilience - Increases Katarina’s HP.
- Chillwave - Katarina has a chance to create an aura on the exact spot where her attack has previously landed: this effect decreases the movement, attack and casting speed of all enemies.
- Curse Blast - Katarina has chance to create an aura on the spot where her attack has previously landed: this effect gives vulnerability to all enemies in the aura.
New Trick and Aura For Van Helsing
- Aura of Counterbalance - Each Rage point spent grants Lady Katarina some HP.
- Ghostly Mirage - Summons two extra Katarinas who fight exactly like Lady Katarina.
In other news, the recently-added Scenario Mode has also been expanded, including a new system of rewards for killing monsters and two new scenarios within the Croakwood and The Rookery. The new reward system allows players to gain Glory points for killing monsters, which then can be spent on bonuses in several areas among all in-game characters a player has created.
We described Neocore's action-RPG as "a rollicking romp with enjoyable combat and solid Diablo-esque mechanics" in our 8/10 The Incredible Adventures Of Van Helsing review.