More Missions, Character Customisation, & Auxiliary Weapons To Be Added
Keep to the schedule they promised at launch, the second monthly content patch for The Secret World has been announced along with all the missions players will be able to access. Issue #2 – “Digging Deeper” contains new in-game services to alter their avatar’s appearance, and introduces the first Auxiliary weapon; the rocket launcher. The content patch goes live August 28th, and we’ve got all the details after the jump.
A new location in New York, The Modern Prometheus, will allow players to alter their appearance if they decide their initial choices during the character creation were not exactly to their liking. All players need to do is find Dr. Anton Aldini, voiced by Peter Stormare (Constantine, Prison Break) and let him have at your face. The first visit is free, but any further visits will cost the player in PAX.
Also added is Ockham’s Razor, a new store in London that will provide new hairstyles for player’s avatars. If players are running short in PAX, they will be able to purchase coupons in the Microtransaction store instead. This also applies to The Modern Prometheus as well.
Below we have the full list of missions to be added with Issue #2:
- 'Digging Deeper' continues the story that began with The Kingsmouth Code, and sends players back to Pastor Henry Hawthorne at the Kingsmouth Congregational to dig deeper into the town's secret history and Illuminati legacy
- In 'Death and Axes', players learn more about Sophie's close connection with the spirit world. In Transylvania's Besieged Farmlands, the dead are restless, and Sophie is increasingly sensitive to their pain -- causing Cern some concern for her well-being, and sending players on an investigation into the terrible events that have transpired here
- 'Strangers from a Strange Land' introduces players to the ancient history of Solomon Island, going back to when the island was visited by Norsemen in their longboats, a thousand years ago. This investigation begins with Red (of Red's Bait & Tackle) and introduces players to a pair of famous talking ravens from Norse mythology...
- In Transylvania, Iele -- the guardian of the Shadowy Forest -- needs the player's help in order to revive her 'Singing Stones' and fight the growing infection that threatens this delicate magical sanctuary
- Acquiring the first auxiliary weapon -- the rocket launcher -- won't be a cakewalk. In the first of a series of exciting auxiliary weapon missions, players will work with the Council of Venice to retrieve a highjacked shipment of rocket launchers. During the course of this mission, players face powerful new Orochi technology, travel to a brand new location, and come face to face with the two-faced Phoenicians
Issue #2 will also see the addition of Nightmare difficulty modes for The Facility and Hell Eternal dungeons in the game, providing new challenges for those players with the best gear. In other news, Funcom have used this year’s Gamescom to reveal the first Raid instance in TSW, which will take player in New York. Players will be fighting a gigantic tentacle monster in the streets of the Big Apple, and we’ve got a few teaser images below.
We posted our final verdict on The Secret World yesterday in our review finale. If you haven’t already, be sure to head over to see why we are calling Funcom’s latest RPG a “brave new world.”