Everyone shout! ‘GO! GO! VULKAISER!’
Nyu Media have announced their third wave of Japanese doujin (read: collaborative indie) games headed to American and European PCs, all of which have been localised into English. Their latest crop includes shooters, brawlers and even an improved version of Croixleur. And Supercharged Robots.
Without further ado: here's their road map, which lists the upcoming games, the elevator pitch and their community sites where available.
Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm (Developer: PDW:HOTAPEN)
• Presented by Nyu Media, the Yatagarasu dev team, and 3,585 members of the Fighting Game Community!
• Following August’s highly successful IndieGogo campaign, an early 2014 release is planned for this highly anticipated follow up to the outstanding doujin 2D fighting game ‘Yatagarasu’!
• Adds a host of new content & features, including new characters, GGPO, dynamic commentary by tournament commentators Jchensor, UltraDavid, & Maximilian, new story and much more!
Croixleur: STEAM EDITION (souvenir circ.)
• This doujin anime fantasy arena beat ‘em up makes its Steam debut in STYLE!
• Full Steam integration including leaderboards, achievements, trading card, avatars, etc.
• New story! New weapons! New Challenge Mode! New cut scenes! Full voiceover! Plus, even MORE NEW!
* Anyone who purchased Croixleur prior to its approval on Steam Greenlight will receive a free Steam key!
And a trio of games from the makers of SATAZIUS!
GIGANTIC ARMY (ASTRO PORT)
• AT LAST! The legendary mecha arcade shooter makes its overseas, English language debut!
• Earth takes the fight to the alien enemy in this love letter to Assault Suits Valken / Cybernator!
• The GMR-34 Saladin is equipped with 7 weapons, a shield, air thrusters & dash function – all you need to take on a planetful of hostiles & massive bosses!
ARMED SEVEN (ASTRO PORT)
• A side-scrolling 2D blast-a-thon of bullets, lasers, missiles & boss fights!
• Lock, load, & LAUNCH! Protect the Earth from worldwide assault by the Neo Loran Order!
• 12 weapons x 5 stages x 4 difficulty levels x 16 achievements to earn!
Supercharged Robot Vulkaiser (ASTRO PORT)
• Genre: ‘70’s Throwback Japanese TV Giant Robot Anime 2D Shooter’!!
• Use your charge weapons, attachable power ups, and Vulkaiser’s GATTAI! (TRANSFORM!) to save the Earth from invasion by the evil alien Gogoh Army!
• Everyone shout! ‘GO! GO! VULKAISER!’
Here's a handy infographic if bulletpoints aren't your thing (click to embiggen):
See anything you like?