It would seem that the Japanese government remains sceptical in the fading embers of PSNgate, having barred Sony from resuming normal online service in Japan until officials are happy that the security measures being implemented are fully up to scratch.
Speaking to Dow Jones, a Japanese regulatory official - Kazushige Nobutani, Director of the Media and Content Industry at the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (try putting that on a badge) - outlined two specific areas of concern that would require further explanation from Sony before the PSN is fully restored.
'We met with Sony on May 6 and 13, and basically we want two things from them,' said Nobutani. 'The first is preventative measures. As of May 13, Sony was incomplete in exercising measures that they said they will do on the May 1 press conference.'
Secondly, officials are asking questions regarding how Sony hopes to restore consumer confidence over personal information, such as credit card details, in the wake of these attacks. The details of the Japanese investigation are naturally being kept firmly under wraps for security reasons.
Sony began phasing the PSN back in across the world, region by region, over the weekend following hacker intrusions last month that yielded millions of PSN users' personal details, with limited services resuming in the Americas, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East. [News.com via Engadget]