Ambitious indie project Kromaia has broken cover by way of a new trailer and IndieGoGo crowd funding campaign, promising an innovative new take on Sci-Fi shooting and exploration. This vibrant independent effort takes place in a vast physics-driven universe, offering "insane enemy patterns and swarms, giant god-like guardians, ancient temples, contraptions and treasures" alongside "visual ecstasy."
We've got the new trailer and details below.
- An immersive, interactive and destructible world with its own rules and physical laws
- Vivid, colorful and visually unique graphical appearance
- Artificial intelligence based on independent simple brains that cooperate creating emergent behaviors
- Different selectable ships with unique weapons and capabilities
- Moddable content using plain text (XML) including levels, objects, weapons, player and AI units...
- Several playing modes for every kind of player: Score Attack (arcade), Story Mode (adventure), Timed Circuit (racing)...
"Kromaia also features a special kind of emergent gameplay; the advanced A.I. system uses physical parameters and a sophisticated prediction model to adapt units speed, attacks, flocking and smart group formations," the developers suggest. "This results in the game experience being different every time depending on the way the game is played."
“We’re thrilled to debut the first trailer and crowdsource campaign for Kromaia” states producer Antonio Iglesias. "We’re looking forward to hearing community feedback and working together to bring Kromaia to the public in late 2014!"
If you like what you see, why not check out the IndieGoGo pitch? Kraken Empire are seeking $40,000 over the next two months.