Sony has announced that a freely downloadable social LittleBigPlanet experience will release in time for Christmas, entitled LittleBigPlanet Hub. I could explain how it will let you create, show off outfits and socialise with your friends, but wouldn't you rather Stephen Fry do it? He's primed and ready in the trailer after the break.
UPDATE: We've also got some more details, in case Fry is somehow not good enough for you.
LittleBigPlanet Hub will include the following at launch:
- A brand new level chock full of goodies to collect, exclusive to LittleBigPlanet HUB!
- Free access to the first worlds from both LittleBigPlanet 1 and LittleBigPlanet 2. That’s 16 free levels and all the goodies and costumes contained within are yours to collect and keep!
- Unrestricted access to LittleBigPlanet’s Create Mode and a full range of tools from both titles to create your very own levels!
- The LittleBigPlanet Team Picks! Our weekly updated collection of some of our favourite community levels. That’s more than 500 levels at the moment and growing each week!
- Exciting Weekly Challenges! A whole new way to play LittleBigPlanet!
LittleBigPlanet HUB is a completely FREE PSN download that will be available from the PlayStation Store later this year that will give you your very own pod and access to a full range of free and exclusive content to kick-start your very own adventures on LittleBigPlanet. Not only that but everything that is currently available for LittleBigPlanet 1 and 2 players will be available to purchase in LittleBigPlanet HUB through a variety of options, so that you can build your very own LittleBigPlanet experience, just the way that you want it!
LittleBigPlanet HUB will be the ultimate destination for all LittleBigPlanet activity on PlayStation 3.