In anticipation of Magicka’s upcoming Lovecraft-inspired campaign DLC, Magicka: The Stars are Left, Arrowhead Studios have announced that the popular co-op action/adventure game has recieved a huge tech overhaul for the game engine itself as well as some balance improvements.
New features include the ability to resume game progress from checkpoints instead of starting over at the beginning of a chapter, the ability to revisit previously completed chapters, and a fairy familiar that will revive players when they perish during campaign mode. The update is free of charge, and we've got the full details below.
Game engine update:
- Fairy familiar added, revives characters after death occurs in solo campaign
- Checkpoints now save progress even if game is quit
- Chapter select added to replay previously played chapters
- Several improvements to the server browser
- Physics and collision detection improved - less falling through the floor
- Frame rate stuttering - should be less noticeable for some users
- Extended particle system with particle lights
- Improved light performance
- Several minor bug fixes, game balance, and tweaks