Rockstar have just released Max Payne Mobile on iOS, bringing the Bullet-Time-tastic action of the original game to mobile devices, with overhauled controls designed to take full advantage of the touch interface.
Much like their L.A. Noire overhaul for OnLive, Rockstar have redeveloped the controls for this classic noirish action title, to make playing on mobile devices a pleasant experience rather than a fiddly one, and early results are promising indeed.
The game will set you back £1.99, and will feature the Rockstar Games Social Club for social media integration, cheat modes, stat tracking, and other accomplishments.
There's a list of the key features below, courtesy of Rockstar.
Max Payne Mobile: Key Features
- Touch Screen Controls and updated Tutorial system
- Analog Camera Control
- Rockstar Social Club Integration, with Achievements, Stats and Tracking
- Customizable Aiming settings, sensitivity and speed
- Customizable Control Layout
- Native resolution support for iOS (widescreen)
- Retina display support on the new iPad
The Android version will launch on April 26th.