Deep Silver and 4A Games have revealed four new DLC packs for Metro: Last Light, the first of which will hit on July 16th. The 'Faction Pack' includes three original single player missions, each casting the player as a different specialist from the rival armies.
Players will return to familiar locations from a different perspective, using new weapons and encountering "a truly terrifying mutant foe." Instead of a single storyline, the Faction Pack will instead offer three distinct gameplay challenges... and I quote:
- As a Special Detachment Sniper of the Redline, players must infiltrate a heavily guarded Reich Outpost at night, under the cover of a deadly radioactive storm...
- ...before defending the Frontline as a Reich 'Heavy', armed with some of the most devastating weaponry found in the Metro.
- Lastly, players take the role of a Polis Ranger in training, tasked with exploring the vast Library complex for artifacts and relics. Salvage can be exchanged for ammunition, filters and hazard suits allowing ever deeper exploration into the Library. Rangers are advised to ignite torches and leave a trail of lights, so they can find their way back to the base before their precious oxygen runs out...
The Faction Pack will cost $4.99 or 400 MSP, and is the first of four DLC packs to be included in the Metro: Last Light Season Pass. A pass will set you back $14.99 / 1200 MSP and also includes an additional exclusive weapon: the Abzats. We naturally urge you to not buy it until you know that the DLC is worthwhile.
Deep Silver also revealed additional details on the content of the future DLC packs.
- The 'Tower Pack' presents a unique experience for seasoned Metro gunslingers - a challenge based game mode, with online Leaderboard support, as players fight their way up the combat simulator known as The Tower
- The 'Developer Pack' boasts a fully stocked Shooting Gallery, the AI Arena and Metro Museum... And a bonus solo mission - The Spiders' Nest - offers some new tools for dealing with an infestation of the skittering Spider mutants
- The Chronicles Pack will feature original single player missions that cast the player as three of the game's standout characters - Pavel, Khan and Anna - and explore their side-stories away from Artyom's adventure