Runic Games detailed the additions coming to Torchlight II in patch 1.22.x.40. As well as a host of new pets, armour sets, and maps, the patch will fully unlock the GUTS modding system, which allows players to alter virtually every facet of the game using Runic own dev kit toolset.
Not only that, but GUTS is fully supported in multiplayer, and has Steam Workshop integration. Oh PC gaming, how we love thee.
Here's a full rundown of the patch notes [via Runic]:
- New Unique and Legendary weapons for every item class
- New class armor sets
- New MapRoom maps
- Additional side dungeons in Act 1 and 2 during New Game Plus play
- Nether-Realm portals take you to a new Nether-Realm tileset, with new creatures
- Headcrab pet
- Alpaca pet
- Panda pet
- Stag pet
- Modding is now fully enabled. For Steam users, Steam Workshop support is integrated.
- Modding is fully supported in multiplayer - filter available games by active mod combinations. With Steam Workshop, automatically subscribe to and match configurations to join modded games!
- New to modding? Here's how to get started with GUTS - the Torchlight II GUTS wiki
- Socketable-granted DOT effects now get character damage bonuses from focus and items
- Fixed issue where Reflection would change your target while fishing, which would leave you in a bad state
- Various protections to prevent poorly formed mods
- Other minor fixes
We gave Torchlight II full marks last year, and here's what Jon said in his conclusion.
Torchlight II is everything you could want from a loot-driven RPG; an emphatic marriage of style, substance, compulsion and proper, undeniable fun. Runic Games have given players everything they could want and more, and a gameplay experience that approaches perfection if you've even the slightest interest in the genre.
Considering the unbelievably generous price, longevity and inevitable slew of fan-created content, you absolutely cannot afford to miss this one.
Epic win, Runic. Another epic win.