Youtube Upload Buffed, Akimbo Nerfed
Infinity Ward has announced that Modern Warfare 3's eighth title update is now available on Xbox Live and is in certification for PS3. The patch contains a major improvement to Youtube upload speed, fixes for host disadvantage and lag along with a whole heap of nerfs. We've got the full details after the break, complete with other fixes being considered for the next update (including further improvements to the spawn system).
IW's Robert Bowling (aka fourzerotwo) states that the update will "be out shortly on all platforms soon." In that vein, hopefully it will quickly make its way to PS3 rapidly, fast.
According to an official post on the Modern Warfare 3 community forums, these are the main features of Title Update 8:
- Networking enhancements
- Theater improvements and fixes
- Further improvements to "Host Disadvantage" / "Lag Comp"
- Increased speed of YouTube uploads from 32k to 256k
- Nerf to all Akimbo weapons (reduced fire rate)
- Shotgun re-balance (Slight nerf to Striker, slight buff to all other shotguns)
- Fix that prevents some users from not receiving their prestige token after prestiging
- Fix stat bug that retains "games played" stat across prestiges.
Hot Fix Updates (Released):
- No Recoil glitch
- Infinite Laptop killstreak glitch (Stealth Bomber Glitch)
- Map Exploits (Getting into trucks, under maps) Fix
- Prevent Slow-mo and Super Fast lobbies
- Fire rate normalization for Assault Rifles with undermounts
- FMG9 Re-balancing (Nerf)
- Akimbo FMG9 Re-balancing (Nerf)
- Type95 Re-balancing (Nerf) - Reduce hipspread.
- Fix for ACR with Red Dot / Shotgun
- Fix Type 95 bug related to dropping it.
- Fix map exploits on Dome
- PS3 Hitmarker Sound
- Adjust direct impact damage a Semtex does to a Juggernaut (No longer 1 hit kill)
- Improvements to "weighted matchmaking" to improve games for regions with low populations.
- Improvements to the Spawn Logic and Spawn System.
- Fix for the any Proficiency on any gun exploit.
Re-balancing and Updates currently in Development and/or Discussion:
- Further improvements to the Spawn system
- Improvement to PS3 Mic Quality.
- HD Video Uploads on PS3
- Default :30 Round Start timer for System Link only, while looking into adjustable timer for System Link games for Competitive Play.
- Options to allow System Link players to 'unlock all' for competitive play in System Link only.