Good morning! Today brings us the news that Star Citizen is now the most successful crowd-funded game of all time, having raised a whopping $55 million and counting. It's a remarkable achievement, even if they still can't afford to pay someone to jury-rig a server browser.
Is it just me, or should Roberts Space Industries actually consider embarking on real space exploration? They'll have more money than NASA soon, and it's probably more useful than that pointless motion capture studio.
Anyway, it's an interesting counterpoint to revelations that Kickstarter is proving to be less successful with each passing year, as more people realise that it's effectiely charity and Early Access muscles in. Also Peter Dinklage is the new voice of Angry Birds. Here are your headlines.
- Star Citizen passes $55 million | Seriously, this had better actually be good
- Peter Dinklage to star in Angry Birds film | Hopefully they'll have a better VO director than Bungie
- The Crew: Ubisoft "confident" in Uplay | Maybe hold off pre-ordering just in case?
- Kickstarters 50% less profitable than last year | The bubble bursts, but the system works.
- Portal 2 can increase intelligence, says study | A study with far too few participants, mind.
- EGX 2015 is moving to the Birmingham NEC | More game shows need to move outside of London. Good idea.
- Trailer: Dragon Age Inquisition crafting and customisation
In Case You Missed It...
- First Contact: 9000 Zombies | Witness Carl's power level
- Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution Review | Not One Piece, but it'll do
- Our first look at Might & Magic: Heroes VII | Brimful of Ashan