Big news from Valve today, who've announced that they're going to be bringing a slew of hardware along to GDC. Not only will they be showing off the finalised Steam Controller peripheral and new "living room devices," suggesting that they might finally be ready to have another crack at the stalled Steam Machines initiative, but they'll also be debuting new VR technology. It will be interesting to see what their plans are, and whether they plan to go head-to-head with Oculus Rift and Project Morpheus.
Here's hoping, because VR needs multiple big players to become an industry as opposed to a community. Here are your headlines.
- Valve will demo new VR headset and final Steam Controller at GDC | Taking on Morpheus
- Microsoft promises "a lot of surprises" at E3 | Place your bets now
- Telltale: "games will shape the future of pop culture" | Aren't they already?
- EA fixing FIFA 15 UT stuck transfers soon | Hold tight
- Need For Speed: No Limits already in hot water over fuel IAPs | Soft launches in specific territories
- Destiny going offline today to prepare for February patch | Down between 18:00-20:00 GMT
- Here's an hour of Yakuza Zero | Watch now
In Case You Missed It...
- Zombie Army Trilogy Hands-on Impressions | Score Multiplier of the Dead
- Zombie Army Trilogy Video Interview | Improvements, new characters & taking down Zombie Hitler
- Sony no longer guaranteeing DriveClub PS+ Edition, but you shouldn't care | Tell it, Brendan!