If you're holding on to a Legendary Engram, go identify them as soon as possible. This week Bungie are guaranteeing Legendary-level loot from purple engrams in Destiny patch 1.02, but existing purples will be dumbed down into blues, so get cracking. Otherwise this is great news, as it's always struck me as an odd system, as if Deckard Cain decided to identify a legendary drop as a cracked voulge just because he felt like trolling your sorry hide.
Ah, "Voulge." One of those wonderful words we'd never know if we weren't gamers, like "pauldron" and "voxel." Anyway, here are your headlines.
- Legendary Engrams mean legendary items in Destiny patch 1.02 | No more Cryptarch trolling
- Hackers resurrect Metal Gear Online | You'll need a modded PS3 though
- Ryse will have no microtransactions on PC | Spencer has finally exorcised Matrick's ghost
- TUG... the Yogsventure replacement... suffers layoffs and delays | At least they didn't pull a Double Fine.
In Case You Missed It...
- Destiny's Loot Cave is fixed, but a deeper shame remains | Great discussions happening here!
- The Crew hands-on preview | Ambitious, fantastic fun, full of potential problems
- The Crew Interview | We ask Julian Gerighty the hard questions. And some soft ones. Watch above.