This is going to be a big week as Evolve and the New 3DS prepare to launch, and we've got some interesting news to kick things off. Six million players tried out the Battlefield Hardline beta -- which we reckoned was 'not much cop' -- while Microsoft has teased Xbox One screenshot functionality and Evolve will require a hefty day one patch.
There's also an interesting legal precedent as US courts hand a Las Vegas gamer a five-year stretch for inciting a 'SWATting' attack against a streamer by falsely alleging that a murder had taken place. It's a tough sentence, but a fair one in our view, since SWAT teams don't mess about and the incident could have gotten seriously dangerous. Thankfully no-one was hurt and this should send a clear message to anyone thinking of doing the same.
- Six million players tried out the BF Hardline beta | What did you think?
- 'SWATter' gets 5 years in prison | Good. SWAT teams don't mess about.
- Evolve has 3GB day one patch | Improves loading times apparently
- Microsoft shows off Xbox One screenshot feature | Hopefully coming in the next update
- Contrast devs reveal new title | One to watch
- Dying Light mod adds 'super aggressive zombies' | Need an extra challenge?
In Case You Missed It...
- Xenoblade Chronicles X is going to reinvent the JRPG... again | We can't wait
- Remember Me – A memory worth saving | Looking back at a game with real potential
- Freaking Meatbags Review | Genetic Tampering For Fun & Profit
- At A Glance: Roundup 2nd - 8th February 2015 | All our stuff in one convenient place