Season's greetings, happy holidays and merry Christmas everyone. We're only two days away from presents and crackers, but there's still a bit of news floating around and some loose ends to tie up before I consume my considerable body weight in gravy.
Halo: The Master Chief Collection is in the headlines for good reasons this time. The Spartan Ops campaign has been added to the game via a free update, and better yet, 343 have detailed how they plan to make up for the matchmaking... which is by adding the entire ODST singleplayer campaign to the package and giving everyone some free Gold subscription. In other news, Final Fantasy XV has revealed a female take on returning character Cid, while you can now watch the Resident Evil Revelations 2 opening cinematic for some unknown reason. Spoiler alert: it's terrible.
- Halo ODST will be free for early MCC adopters... | "We're sorry"
- ...Spartan Ops and new matchmaking update available now | But does it work?
- Cid becomes Cidney in Final Fantasy XV | Nice move, but do we like the outfit?
- Theatrhythm gets Bravely Default DLC on Christmas Eve | Great game, well-deserved.
- Xbox Live January Games With Gold | Great haul next year
- The Resident Evil Revelations 2 opening cinematic is awful | Don't take my word for it...