Microsoft certainly think so, having romped to sales victory in November following their ruthless Black Friday price war and slew of cheap console bundles. Some great games didn't hurt either. The Xbox One outsold the PS4 and Wii U (which also had a great month to be fair) in the UK and US last month, though whether Xbox' new management can keep the momentum going through next year is another matter.
In other news, Borderlands Remastered has been spotted in the wild and suggests a new-gen debut for the series, while the id Software fanboy in me is also compelled to point out that it was Doom's 20th birthday yesterday. The (in)famous John Romero has released some unseen pictures of its development, which is a blast, though might make you feel a bit old.
- Xbox One romps to Black Friday sales victory, biggest month ever | Did you buy one?
- Borderlands Remastered spotted on Australian Ratings Board | What's in it?
- John Romero reveals Doom 20th birthday pictures | It's my birthday today too. Just sayin'
- Bloodborne Special Editions include quill pen | Classy merch
- Steam Winter sale tipped for December 18th | We've barely recovered from the last one!
In case You Missed It...
- Staff Personal Picks: Best Gaming Moment of 2014
- Be aware: On-Disc DLC has evolved and it's more insidious than ever | Grab your tinfoil hat and listen up!
- Daily Deals roundup