Paradox Interactive have announced that Mount & Blade: With Fire And Sword has now received a substantial free patch that adds a host of new content and functionality to the experience. Expect new female characters (with new gear), enhanced physics, SFX and an entirely revamped Story and Captain mode. Full details below the break, or log on and download the patch to see for yourself.
You can read up on the full changelog for Mount & Blade: With Fire And Sword version 1.141 over at the official forums, but to whet your appetite, here's a list of the most important updates fresh from Paradox themselves:
- New alternative melee fighting style for musketeers.
- Great new ragdoll physics effects.
- New particle and sound effects for firearms, for added realism.
- Completely redone Captain Mode introduces a new troops purchasing system & all new troops!
- Female player characters and armors!
- A rebalanced single player experience, including an improved economy, item balance, and difficulty.
- New and more realistic caravan management system. New quests.
- An improved multiplayer balance to both classes & weapons, providing more distinct play styles.
- Healthier faster horses!
- Crouching and the ability to run and reload add more styles of play.
- An all new grenade system with a new explosion model and particle effects.
It will be interesting to see what impact the "rebalanced" mechanics and story have on the overall experience, and I may well have a review for you in the fullness of time.