Fallout New Vegas to have Serious Star Factor
Sin City plays host to the most glamorous talent- so it's only natural that Obsidian's stuffing Fallout New Vegas' voice cast with B-list celebs. Friends star and self-confessed Fallout addict Matthew Perry has signed on to the roster along with renowned Vegas nightclub singer Wayne Newton and many others... so it's roundup time!
- Felicia Day (The Guild) will voice Veronica, a sardonic Brotherhood of Steel scribe
- John Doman (The Wire) plays Caesar, the dictator behind the powerful Caesar's Legion faction
- Michael Dorn (Worf) will provide voice acting for Marcus, the hyper-intelligent super mutant who made his first appearance in Fallout 2.
- Kris Kristofferson (The Blade Trilogy), will be will voicing Chief Hanlon. Unsurprisingly, he's a grizzled soldier at the end of his rope... typecast much?
- Zachary Levi (Chuck) plays playable character Arcade, whose mysterious past forces him to prioritise the greater good over individual gain. Described as "quiet, analytical and highly ethical," we're looking forward to seeing
- Wayne Newton is known as 'Mr Las Vegas' due to his massive number of Vegas performances- and will be channelling his real life love of the town into the role of an automated radio DJ.
- William Sadler (The Shawshank Redemption) will be voicing a robotic bartender with an down-home cowboy personality
- Danny Trejo (the Mariachi trilogy... and machete) plays Raul the Ghoul, a former gunslinger-turned mechanic
- Rene Auberjonois (DS9, Boston Legal) will be voicing the reclusive Mr. House.
- Matthew Perry's character, Benny, is the head of the Gecko crime family. Apparently he's a sneaky and underhanded pragmatist who doesn't quite live up to his vicious reputation.
Naturally, Ron Perlman will reprise his role as narrator. War never changes. [USA Today]
Double Fine Trademarks Costume Quest
Tim Schafer's Double Fine has recently announced that they'll be concentrating on four parallel projects- and have now trademarked Costume Quest as a video game and downloadable game concept.
Considering the title and downloadable patent application, this is likely to be a downloadable title. We'll bring you the latest as it rolls in. [Siliconera]
MGS Rising Cuts Canon & Cast Down to Size
The upcoming Metal Gear Solid Rising will be switching the focus from tactical espionage to lightning bolt action... and in order to appeal to a new audience, Kojima Productions will be using Raiden's HF Blade to cut the script and cast list down to size.
"To answer you question about returning characters, we're probably not going to show too many characters in Rising because, since it's a new part of a series, we don't really want to refer to and dwell upon the Metal Gear saga so much,"
"We want newcomers to the game to come in and play freely without needing to know and understand the background." -creative producer Shigenobu Matsuyama to games™ magazine
This may come as a shock to MGS veterans, but it does explain why David Hayter's phone hasn't been ringing off the hook. [Eurogamer]