Patch Includes Multiplayer Fixes
Well, the Naughty Dog studio have been caught with their pants down here. One of the phone numbers posted on an in-game bulletin board in The Last of Us for a pest exterminator is actually a real phone number, for a sex line. Not the Easter egg gamers were after upon spotting the phone number.
Naughty Dog's Neil Druckmann explained how this happened, "What happened was, they put some phone numbers in the game and then they thought they could just change the area code to 555, then it's invalid because it's what they do in movies. But I guess that doesn't work when you have a 1-800 in front of it."
An honest mistake we presume, but we're surprised we haven't heard more parent outrage about this. Ignoring the fact that kids shouldn't be playing the game in the first place.
The latest patch removed the number and has tweaked some multiplayer issues as listed below.
- Host migration has been improved. Losing connection to the host during a migration should occur less often
- General crash when leaving multiplayer fixed
- Intro camera fix for some introductory cut-scenes
- Connectivity issues while playing have been tuned
- If you disconnect or lose connection to the host, you will no longer advance a clan day. You will only advance a day if you are kicked from the match, or exit through the menu
- Explosion Expert level 2 should be selectable now
- The voting time for match selection has been reduced to 15 seconds
- “No party” playlist options have been added to both Supply Raid and Survivors, players can only join this playlist solo
- Melee against a downed character now uses the same range as normal melee