PayDay 2 has received a hefty update on Steam to make sure that crime pays better.
The update, which went live over the weekend, includes a slew of tweaks and fixes. Notably the rewards for completing extra and optional objectives (such as sticking around in a mission to secure extra money bags, deposit boxes or sacks of cocaine) have been significantly increased, giving you extra incentive to go for the big score. The relatively small payouts for these missions irked us in our otherwise positive PayDay 2 review, so this comes as welcome news. Remember, though, that getting too greedy will get you killed - as we warned you in our PayDay 2 survival guide.
Indeed, you'll have to work doubly hard for your pay day, because the police AI has also received an overhaul. "They are more aggressive and more prone to stay alive even on the OVERKILL difficulty," promises the patch notes, meaning that tight cooperation is more important than ever.
Speaking of patch notes, here they are, courtesy of the Steam community announcement:
- Improved killer instinct for the AI team. They are more aggressive and more prone to stay alive even on the OVERKILL difficulty. Single player never looked more tempting.
- Much harder OVERKILL! Yes you got it – now dont cry.
- SWATS now have much better flashbangs – use the shades!
- More balanced single player sessions
- BULLDOZERS are now EVIL
- Police AI
- Added more and better run and walking animations for our dear enemies.
- The Crime.net economy has got a major upgrade. After looking at massive amounts of data and collecting player feedback we have implemented and tested a new economy system.
- Each contract now has reward dependant on the mission specifics. Some contract amounts can seem low but the REAL value is in stealing the LOOT BAGS. If you sling a lot of Coke for Hector he will compensate you greatly. The reward is different depending on the number of coke bags you clear. On the other hand, if you hit Big Oil + it is not at all about bags and more about completion. If you get the engine to the helicopter and escape you get a hefty contract pay. This makes the game more tactical and you have to fight greed on almost every map.
- CrimeNet is now balanced so you can chose to play for XP or Money or a middle way. Learn this by playing the heists on different difficulties. There are some anomalies to be found and taken advantage of!
- NOTE: If you are in a BAG focused mission, go for the additional bags – they pay out several 100% more than the mandatory bags (for which you get the contract pay). BUT remeber – GREED KILLS!
- Multiday jobs pay out greatly and are very rewarding once you figure out how to move additional bags through them.
- Crime.net has reduced its somewhat cluttered info when counting the PAYDAY and contract money for you. You will be presented with a PAYDAY number that shows the amount of money the contract is worth EXCLUDING the LOOT BAGS. This is the offshore account money and 10% of that becomes you spendable cash. Look into it. it is simpler and more straightforward.
- All cash numbers are now presented as Offshore money until converted to spendable cash.
- The Contract filter is back!
- Kick Filters. You can now set Kick enabled and filter on that on Crime.net.
- We now display mission bags value on PAYDAY for both mandatory and additional bags in TAB stats screen during gameplay.
- Boosted Aced Combat Medic revive bonus from 25% to 40%.
- Enemies more affected by ECM feedback and civilians are no longer affected.
- Added Inside Man Assets on almost all levels so that you can buy a EXPERT DRIVER that 100% takes away the Escape.
- Made sentry gun tier 6 more effective.
- Added EXP cards in the loot drop for fast leveling
- Added much better cash cards!
- New reload animations for the Deagle!
- Texture fix for the “professional” sight.
- IZHMA 12G Shotgun damage is buffed.
- M308 Rifle has had its damage adjusted correctly.
- Kobus 90 Submachinegun got a damage increase with long barrel weapon mod. added.