Magiko Gaming, the veteran Xbox Live Indie outfit behind the PLATFORMANCE series and Who Is God?, has revealed new details about their most ambitious project to date. Platformines will blend their technical and tricky platforming style with firearms, close combat, a jetpack and an enormous level that's randomly generated from a world seed. We've got the full details below.
In contrast with most of their platforming lineup that tends to present a single-screen stage (viewable at multiple zoom levels), Platformines will be set in an sprawling warren of tunnels packed with treasures, traps and enemies to kill with extreme prejudice. What's more, the world will be procedurally generated, making for an experience that could offer practically limitless replayability. Magiko dropped us a line to show off the massive planned list of new features, which I've rounded up below.
- Enemies (humanoids wielding weaponry and alien/animal/whatever)
- Weapons (firearms and close combat)
- Traps, deadly traps, platforms, and more traps Platformance style
- Items to collect
- Quests to help you visit the world
- A place to sell treasures and buy things
- The hero appearance will be customizable
- Crafting your own weapons from the things you collected
- The hero must get better equipment to be able to go further down the world
- You will be able to randomly generate the world (using a seed)
Since Platformines is aimed at an Xbox Live Indie release, it's likely that a few of these features won't make it into the initial release, but Magiko will do their best to continually provide updates post-launch. We'll keep an eye on it.