Ubisoft has dropped a tactical asset strike on Dealspwn HQ, packed with intel and artwork for the long-awaited Rainbow Six: Patriots. Expect an "unprecedented what-if? narrative," enhanced squad management, ceiling breaches (yes!), improved thermal modes and a tight team-based multiplayer mode. Click below for the new info and pics, and we really hope that this one's a winner. It's been too long since we've breached and cleared!
Here are the confirmed new features courtesy of Ubi's exhaustive presser:
- Unprecedented Narrative: Patriots’ storyline explores an ultra-realistic what-if scenario inspired by real events and characters. The game will allow players to experience events from multiple perspectives creating an unprecedented level of immersion.
- A New Threat For A New Team: Terrorism has evolved and Team Rainbow must face an organized militia of home-grown insurgents. As the leader of a new squad, players will wrestle with difficult ethical decisions and determine if the doing-whatever-it-takes mentality is needed to stop the enemy.
- Enhanced Squad Management: At the press of a button, the Rainbow squad will perform the most efficient and deadly tactic given the context of the situation. When extreme measures are required, or when players call for it, you can take full control of your squad to plan the perfect assault.
- Evolved Combat: The game’s combat techniques have been pushed to the next level with cover and weapon systems redesigned to accommodate every combat situation. New Rappel and Breach mechanics are now enriched with multiple new techniques including Wall & Ceiling Breach, Fast Rope Rappel, inverted ‘Aussie Style Rappel’, Infiltrate & Subdue, to name a few.
- Intense Multiplayer: Players will be rewarded for working as a team and mastering the game’s new features that enhance communication and tactical execution between teammates. Once such feature found in the pre-game online lobby is the Sandtable, a holographic display that helps acquaint players with the level maps before they jump into the action. This will help players strategically coordinate attacks and add a new dimension to squad tactics.
- Surprise And Overpower Enemies: Utilize the game’s new Scan mode to strategically breach and infiltrate areas. This new tool will provide a thermal read on the situation, allowing you to determine the squad’s best course to overwhelm and defeat enemies.
And here are some moody concept pieces for your consideration:
This is the multiplayer lobby, where you can plan tactics on the holographic display.