Kalypso Media unveiled DARK yesterday - a cel-shaded, third-person, stealthily-flavoured action title from RealmForge, the team behind strategy-sim Dungeons.
The player takes on the role of a vampire, stalking through the shadows, using deliciously violent, sneaky attacks to dispatch foes from the darkness, while seeking to take down a evil multinational no doubt being all greedy and nefarious.
Kalypso gave us a run-down on some of the features we can expect to see in DARK:
- Stealth and action combine as players walk the world in darkness and silence, attacking their unsuspecting foes with supernatural fury
- Use powerful vampire abilities and hard-hitting melee attacks to defeat dangerous enemies -- turn into a puff of smoke and disappear, or close with your foes in an instant!
- Powerful and intelligently controlled AI enemies mix the fantastic with the real-world. Battle police and elite special forces along with ghouls and other vampires
- Castles, museums, skyscrapers, nightclubs and more are rendered in stunning 3D cel-shaded graphics, beckoning the player to explore -- but beware, powerful enemies hide everywhere
- RPG element mix with a compelling story – players will build up their skills through successful evasion and combat, while advancing the story through conversations with NPCs
Check out a bunch of screenshots below: